Rossignol - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

Sorry rainboard yes I have seen the board on evo and eBay and It is not the 2011 version
Sportsstar298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #22 (permalink)

Also I don't need the board this winter so if I can buy it in the summer will it get even cheaper in the off season
Old 12-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #23 (permalink)

O and hanks for
the links
Old 12-16-2010, 12:18 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainboarding View Post
Where are you gonna find a 2011 board for 150? I doubt that even lamar has boards at that price point.
NEW 5150 VICE SNOWBOARD 155 CM All Mountain Board - eBay (item 150532535273 end time Dec-20-10 21:50:10 PST)

theres a new snowboard for less then 150! hahaha just kidding.... well it is true actually..
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
You'd be surprised how many companies just slap their graphic on an Elan shape. But you want a better example Academy, Automaton, Rome (changed factory now I think maybe 2 models come from there) Omatic, Burton, and a whole slew of other "snowboard" brands come from there. But hey if you want to be a small minded shop kid go for it you won't get very far.
Look just because it's produced in the factory that Elan owns means nothing. The board specs itself are designed and called for by the company contracting the work. This doesn't go for just snowboard. Do you think just because your iPhone is produced by FoxConn in china that they have anything to do with the final product? Absolutely not.

I'm not being small minded. The fact is traditionally ski companies have not made good snowboards. That said, Elan ITSELF has some decent boards. But they don't sell because of the stigma held by a lot of riders.

We sell head skis at my shop. But we said no to their snowboard line because we knew it wouldn't sell well. That said.. The rep is going to give us a few demo boards to try. More than willing to give them a chance.. But I'm not expecting much.
HouseMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:58 AM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You've worked in a shop how long? What's it been like what 2 months?

Seriously dude you have no clue what you're talking about. Your whole ski companies that make boards make crap thing is just funny as fuck I remember when I went through my whole "I'm so core" phase and hated ski companies. Can you prove without a reason of a doubt that every ski company that has ever made a snowboard makes a lesser quality product? Do you realize how much bigger the ski side of the industry is than snowboarding? Skiings dollar amount is double what snowboarding is. Let alone a lot of these companies have been making snow sliding gear for 50 plus years before they started making snowboards, that's a lot of knowledge right there.

Let me give you a quick history lesson here junior. In the late 90's Salomon launched their snowboard line at the time everyone was doing rough finishes on their decks and hadn't even thought of introducing wax/chemical/whatever infused bases. They came out the door with these ultra high end stone ground structured finishes with gallium infused bases the next year every snowboard company had to scramble to keep up with them.

Back in around 01 Atomic launched their snowboard division, they came out the door with the Hatchet a pricepoint park board with a sintered base and a few other features that were unheard of in a board that was under 300 bucks. Once again the next year companies had to scramble.

Whether you see it or not you're pretty damn small minded to make that statement as you don't have a ton of hands on knowledge. Spend a decade or two in the snowboard industry you'll learn a thing or two.

Sure there are companies that do design in house then send the specs to Elan to press, there's also a ton of companies that just go to Elans catalog pick the shape, pick the mold, pick the guts from a stock portfolio then design the graphic in house. Also do you even know why Elan isn't present in this country but is huge everywhere else?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:17 AM   #27 (permalink)

I have a Rossignol Sultan with T9 Pro Bindings. I've yet to have any problems with it. Some wear and tear scratches but nothing major that wax didn't fix.
shoe757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:49 AM   #28 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'd like to know these companies that just say to Elan, "make our board." I GUARANTEE you its a small minority, and I'm even willing to bet moreover that those companies who do probably are "brand" companies aka Sharper Image. Again my foxconn/apple example.

I have never said I hated ski companies, I don't know where the heck you're getting that from. Outside of K2, NO other ski company has successfully made a mark in the snowboard industry that has lasted a considerable amount of time. And I'm not looking at this from a tech perspective, I'm looking at this from a perspective of economics as well.

If you can't get the ski shops to buy your shit, it doesn't matter how good it is, it's dead in the water. I may have only been in the business here about 2 years.. but I've leaned on the knowledge of a ski shop organization that spent 20 years in the business.

They stayed away from those boards. THEY DON'T SELL. PERIOD. Your arguments on technology don't mean a lick of shit. While you may understand that side.. you clearly don't understand the business side of things.

Not trying to be rude man, but you're leaving a whole side of the argument out there.
HouseMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member

HAHAHA your apple/foxxcon example isn't even accurate. Your scope of snowboarding is so far smaller than anything that is out there you have no clue what you're talking about. 2 years I'm pretty sure I can find a couple posts where you just said you got your first "industry" job in a fucking rental shop a few months ago. Rental shops are so far down the totem pole you almost don't even matter. Ever been to SIA, the Allenburg tradeshow, The Stratton on snow, do you even know who any of the reps are in your territory that are heavy hitters?

Oh your boss has 20 years awesome I have 14 years in this and if I wanted to I guess I could go on and on about how I've worked for the oldest snowboard shop in Canada with over 60 years experience, then couple that with guys that had 40 years, 30 years, 20 years of experience as well. It means fuck all when the shit is in your eyes.

Why don't you put down your Transworld or Snowboarder magazine and go pick up OnBoard, Whitelines, Pleasure, or any of the Euro magazines and see what they have going on. Or start reading Board Sport Source instead of TWBiz. Snowboarding on a global scale is way bigger than anything you could think of from fucking Pennysltucky.

You want to talk economics OK here's one for you I've worked for 3 of the top biggest wintersports retailers in this country in the last decade. Every store has sold in the million dollar range and every company has buying power in the 100 plus million dollar range. I've watched them shift from straight snowboard companies to more ski manufactured brands because the demand was there. This isn't even taking into account the Euro/NZ/Aussie market or the now emerging Korean/Chinese market which can make or break a brand. I suggest you go look up Supernatural if you want to know what the Korean market can truly do for a brand 300% growth in 3 years.

They might not sell in your tiny microcosm of the universe but that's because the east coast is 5 years behind on everything. You guys are still selling used gear at 40% off and people think it's a good deal. Venture out in this world you'll learn a thing or two you dumb fuck. Till then yeah you are horribly small minded.

K2 has been making boards since 87 that's 23 years, Rossi while right now the company is in disrepair has made boards since I believe the same time frame, Salomon 12 years as the Salomon brand name, Atomic 10 plus years as Atomic before that they were Oxygen, Volkl has made boards since the 80's, Head has been there since the 90's. Why is it Mervin is now making skis? If these companies didn't have a market share why would they still be in business? Every company listed has a board of directors that demand facts and figures obviously they're doing something right globally.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
HAHAHA your apple/foxxcon example isn't even accurate. Your scope of snowboarding is so far smaller than anything that is out there you have no clue what you're talking about. 2 years I'm pretty sure I can find a couple posts where you just said you got your first "industry" job in a fucking rental shop a few months ago. Rental shops are so far down the totem pole you almost don't even matter. Ever been to SIA, the Allenburg tradeshow, The Stratton on snow, do you even know who any of the reps are in your territory that are heavy hitters?

Oh your boss has 20 years awesome I have 14 years in this and if I wanted to I guess I could go on and on about how I've worked for the oldest snowboard shop in Canada with over 60 years experience, then couple that with guys that had 40 years, 30 years, 20 years of experience as well. It means fuck all when the shit is in your eyes.

Why don't you put down your Transworld or Snowboarder magazine and go pick up OnBoard, Whitelines, Pleasure, or any of the Euro magazines and see what they have going on. Or start reading Board Sport Source instead of TWBiz. Snowboarding on a global scale is way bigger than anything you could think of from fucking Pennysltucky.

You want to talk economics OK here's one for you I've worked for 3 of the top biggest wintersports retailers in this country in the last decade. Every store has sold in the million dollar range and every company has buying power in the 100 plus million dollar range. I've watched them shift from straight snowboard companies to more ski manufactured brands because the demand was there. This isn't even taking into account the Euro/NZ/Aussie market or the now emerging Korean/Chinese market which can make or break a brand. I suggest you go look up Supernatural if you want to know what the Korean market can truly do for a brand 300% growth in 3 years.

They might not sell in your tiny microcosm of the universe but that's because the east coast is 5 years behind on everything. You guys are still selling used gear at 40% off and people think it's a good deal. Venture out in this world you'll learn a thing or two you dumb fuck. Till then yeah you are horribly small minded.

K2 has been making boards since 87 that's 23 years, Rossi while right now the company is in disrepair has made boards since I believe the same time frame, Salomon 12 years as the Salomon brand name, Atomic 10 plus years as Atomic before that they were Oxygen, Volkl has made boards since the 80's, Head has been there since the 90's. Why is it Mervin is now making skis? If these companies didn't have a market share why would they still be in business? Every company listed has a board of directors that demand facts and figures obviously they're doing something right globally.
BA you are such a douche. Really, nobody cares how long you have kept your minimum wage job for the love of the sport.
If you weren’t such a prick with bad grammar your lame website could maybe generate a little revenue. But you continue to be the insecure prick who knows everything about a sport that you have never competed in and belittles anyone who says otherwise.
So, please continue with your internet tough guy-know it all routine. Its funny and sad all at the same time.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote