Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   09 un inc vs 09 custom (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/34215-09-un-inc-vs-09-custom.html)

bmoney 12-14-2010 06:54 AM

09 un inc vs 09 custom

Hi everyone...currently I have a 2009 custom est...and am looking for a park only board.

I ahve the ability to grab a 2009 un inc from craigslist for VERY cheap...

my question is will I ntic a big difference in ride for the park...I would like the board to be much mroe flexible and better edges fo rails/boxes..would the un inc do the trick?

Thank you for your feedback in advance!!

olas38 05-02-2012 04:51 AM

little late but here is the answer

NOw days .. burton custom is like Uninc but more all around ! uninc is park board Plus all around and custom is all around plus park board ! question where you wana be ??

if you are a good rider buy the Un..inc ! but if you are intermedia learning the curve in the park !! custom ! uninc is not easy to ride is not forgiven , you make a mistake you pay ! you got it ! but for me I ride uninc ! I love it but also I hve oay the check ! jaja ;)

Uninc ; exelente in groomers , and ollie like a mad man ... thats what i like ( not to stable at HI speed ) centrerad stance and radial side cut make the diferense !

custom is a direcctional flex , en progresive side cut !... the curve is longer in the custom ...

I hope this info helps avery body .

My experience .. 16 yrs on snowboards 35 yrs in surfing 4 years in skate board ... ride so many boards that this page dont have so much space !! to write them all .. ;) have a good day im enjoying my koffe in europa ! north in Sweden ..;)

Baigle 05-16-2012 12:26 PM

^^^^^^^this guy knows what he is talking about.

I currently ride a burton uninc with a nice seal on it. I love the board and use it for all mountain freestyle. I don't go in the park that much anymore but do use the whole hill as a park, including a lot of glades.

Since my board is starting to get older I am looking to replace the board with something comparable. Do you have any suggestions? I have demoed about 20 boards up to now and find most of them to be lacking either too soft too stiff or just plain shitty.

thanks

olas38 05-17-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baigle (Post 505742)
^^^^^^^this guy knows what he is talking about.

I currently ride a burton uninc with a nice seal on it. I love the board and use it for all mountain freestyle. I don't go in the park that much anymore but do use the whole hill as a park, including a lot of glades.

Since my board is starting to get older I am looking to replace the board with something comparable. Do you have any suggestions? I have demoed about 20 boards up to now and find most of them to be lacking either too soft too stiff or just plain shitty.

thanks

Ok , i found your board 154 uninc 2008 new in Ebay right now is there $$$$ if you want change or test some thing diferent ! Inned to know your personal espec... hight weight boots size ! and where do you ride ? and what kind of riding you will do ! if you want to progress your riding?? or just to have a fun riding ? what do you want ???

Baigle 05-17-2012 12:43 PM

Yes I see them sometimes, but they are still a little pricey for a 2008 board.

I'm 5 feet 8, weight is about 170 and have size 9 boots. I ride a 154 but thinking of getting a bit bigger maybe 156. I live in Ottawa so sometimes ride the small local hills, but often go to either Tremblant or Jay Peak with trips out West once in a while and these bigger hills are what this board would be for as I already have a Nitro t1 and an unused Stairmaster for the small hills.

I have been riding for about 13 years, consider myself an advanced all mountain rider (havent really met anyone that I couldnt follow through the trees yet). Like I said earlier I don't really go in the park that much anymore as I am getting older and and my body is not as flexible anymore. I like bombing the runs and hitting naturals jumps,doing grabs and doing the easier spins 180, 360 or the occasional 540.

Also I like riding the steep mogul runs, especially the glades. Seems like I am moving more towards this kind of riding. The steeper the better, as i seem to get a rush the more intense the runs are and flying in between the trees. Think the steep glades at Jay.

It should also be a twin tip as I ride switch about 25% of the time.

Let me know what you think.

olas38 05-18-2012 12:37 PM

uninc 154 !!!!!

Ok i got it ! you have a t1 nitro and stairmasters capita , so you dont need a park board ! those two boards are really nice ! but you have to get use to one only ! becouse in the park is very tecnical ! But on the mountain you can go for somehting more mountain than park ! from park to the mountain with more power and good for powder and feel stabil and safe at hi speed , i will say SBOD Capita ( snowboard of death ) 156 is very nice 2011 its one of those with bindings in ebay ! (flex is 6,5 but capita always have the best flex )

If you ride switch, may need a correction on the stance like 1cm . but you will find out .

Park boards ; stay with the T1 its a good flex ! other wise capita ultrafear 153 or 155 will do the job !in the park grooms tree's powder...

Its a new one for 2013 DOA Capita defenders of awesome .. you can go 156 in this one ! flex 5 is playfull but good efective edge for ice days and good in powder , grooms , and still super fun ( more camber feeling than rocker is a HYBRID CAMBER ) ..

ultrafear is a rocker board with FK ( flat kick ) make easy turning in a dime even in wider boards ! but keep the stability at hi sppeds ! when is flat beetwen the feet !

check the indoor survival 156 ! .........

nitro team for all mountain ...

libtech trs 154 for you can be the board to do every thing .... for you ! it feels like uninc ! but forgiven ,,,is a c2 feels camber when you need it but soft it nice when you want to play good flex, handel nice any situation , you can go up to 157 if you want to go bigger jumps and super landings on kikers 12 to 20 meters !!..

so now you have a little home work !! ;))) :)