09 un inc vs 09 custom - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 06:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 09 un inc vs 09 custom

Hi everyone...currently I have a 2009 custom est...and am looking for a park only board.

I ahve the ability to grab a 2009 un inc from craigslist for VERY cheap...

my question is will I ntic a big difference in ride for the park...I would like the board to be much mroe flexible and better edges fo rails/boxes..would the un inc do the trick?

Thank you for your feedback in advance!!
bmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 04:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default little late but here is the answer

NOw days .. burton custom is like Uninc but more all around ! uninc is park board Plus all around and custom is all around plus park board ! question where you wana be ??

if you are a good rider buy the Un..inc ! but if you are intermedia learning the curve in the park !! custom ! uninc is not easy to ride is not forgiven , you make a mistake you pay ! you got it ! but for me I ride uninc ! I love it but also I hve oay the check ! jaja

Uninc ; exelente in groomers , and ollie like a mad man ... thats what i like ( not to stable at HI speed ) centrerad stance and radial side cut make the diferense !

custom is a direcctional flex , en progresive side cut !... the curve is longer in the custom ...

I hope this info helps avery body .

My experience .. 16 yrs on snowboards 35 yrs in surfing 4 years in skate board ... ride so many boards that this page dont have so much space !! to write them all .. have a good day im enjoying my koffe in europa ! north in Sweden ..
olas38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

^^^^^^^this guy knows what he is talking about.

I currently ride a burton uninc with a nice seal on it. I love the board and use it for all mountain freestyle. I don't go in the park that much anymore but do use the whole hill as a park, including a lot of glades.

Since my board is starting to get older I am looking to replace the board with something comparable. Do you have any suggestions? I have demoed about 20 boards up to now and find most of them to be lacking either too soft too stiff or just plain shitty.

thanks
Baigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigle View Post
^^^^^^^this guy knows what he is talking about.

I currently ride a burton uninc with a nice seal on it. I love the board and use it for all mountain freestyle. I don't go in the park that much anymore but do use the whole hill as a park, including a lot of glades.

Since my board is starting to get older I am looking to replace the board with something comparable. Do you have any suggestions? I have demoed about 20 boards up to now and find most of them to be lacking either too soft too stiff or just plain shitty.

thanks
Ok , i found your board 154 uninc 2008 new in Ebay right now is there $$$$ if you want change or test some thing diferent ! Inned to know your personal espec... hight weight boots size ! and where do you ride ? and what kind of riding you will do ! if you want to progress your riding?? or just to have a fun riding ? what do you want ???
Old 05-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yes I see them sometimes, but they are still a little pricey for a 2008 board.

I'm 5 feet 8, weight is about 170 and have size 9 boots. I ride a 154 but thinking of getting a bit bigger maybe 156. I live in Ottawa so sometimes ride the small local hills, but often go to either Tremblant or Jay Peak with trips out West once in a while and these bigger hills are what this board would be for as I already have a Nitro t1 and an unused Stairmaster for the small hills.

I have been riding for about 13 years, consider myself an advanced all mountain rider (havent really met anyone that I couldnt follow through the trees yet). Like I said earlier I don't really go in the park that much anymore as I am getting older and and my body is not as flexible anymore. I like bombing the runs and hitting naturals jumps,doing grabs and doing the easier spins 180, 360 or the occasional 540.

Also I like riding the steep mogul runs, especially the glades. Seems like I am moving more towards this kind of riding. The steeper the better, as i seem to get a rush the more intense the runs are and flying in between the trees. Think the steep glades at Jay.

It should also be a twin tip as I ride switch about 25% of the time.

Let me know what you think.
Baigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Wink uninc 154 !!!!!

Ok i got it ! you have a t1 nitro and stairmasters capita , so you dont need a park board ! those two boards are really nice ! but you have to get use to one only ! becouse in the park is very tecnical ! But on the mountain you can go for somehting more mountain than park ! from park to the mountain with more power and good for powder and feel stabil and safe at hi speed , i will say SBOD Capita ( snowboard of death ) 156 is very nice 2011 its one of those with bindings in ebay ! (flex is 6,5 but capita always have the best flex )

If you ride switch, may need a correction on the stance like 1cm . but you will find out .

Park boards ; stay with the T1 its a good flex ! other wise capita ultrafear 153 or 155 will do the job !in the park grooms tree's powder...

Its a new one for 2013 DOA Capita defenders of awesome .. you can go 156 in this one ! flex 5 is playfull but good efective edge for ice days and good in powder , grooms , and still super fun ( more camber feeling than rocker is a HYBRID CAMBER ) ..

ultrafear is a rocker board with FK ( flat kick ) make easy turning in a dime even in wider boards ! but keep the stability at hi sppeds ! when is flat beetwen the feet !

check the indoor survival 156 ! .........

nitro team for all mountain ...

libtech trs 154 for you can be the board to do every thing .... for you ! it feels like uninc ! but forgiven ,,,is a c2 feels camber when you need it but soft it nice when you want to play good flex, handel nice any situation , you can go up to 157 if you want to go bigger jumps and super landings on kikers 12 to 20 meters !!..

so now you have a little home work !! ))