Help me deside - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help me deside

HI guy's, I'm in need of a new board, i've been using a forum recon for the last 3 years going on around 3 weeks off piste holidays a year. It's now well past its used by date and now is far too soft for me.

I need some idea's on my next board, my main type of riding is all mountain but i also enjoy going off piste in the powder! I need a board that can handle going fast as my recon just bounces at the front and feels too uncontrollable.

I've recently got back from a 3 day trip to Tignes in France and i used a friends lib tech 09/10 skate banana which i loved, it felt much better going fast and i loved the way it turned. Is there any boards similar to the banana or what other boards could you suggest which may suit my needs?

Iv done a bit of research and a couple of boards im intrested in are the -

- burton sherlock
- k2 slayblade
- gnu carbon credit
- lib tech banana

Cheers

James

Last edited by jamesbaa; 12-14-2010 at 11:11 AM.
jamesbaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

no one got an input?
Old 12-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbaa View Post
no one got an input?
Skate banana for going fast? I've got a feeling that you werent going that fast then. The skate banana is a parkboard and it's rockered aswell. For your type of riding a rockered board doesnt suit that well. You may go with a hybrid though.
The sherlock however is a better choice for you. Though I havnt tried so can't say wether I like it or not. K2 darkstar or a believer are awesome boards aswell, and the Turbo Dream. Same goes for the Ride Machete, but it's a tiny bit more park oriented. But it's good all over the mountain tbh.

You got to add some details about you self not just the type of riding you'll be doing. Such as: weight, height and foot size. Then, if your lucky, the pro's will help
Old 12-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbarn View Post
Skate banana for going fast? I've got a feeling that you werent going that fast then. The skate banana is a parkboard and it's rockered aswell. For your type of riding a rockered board doesnt suit that well. You may go with a hybrid though.
The sherlock however is a better choice for you. Though I havnt tried so can't say wether I like it or not. K2 darkstar or a believer are awesome boards aswell, and the Turbo Dream. Same goes for the Ride Machete, but it's a tiny bit more park oriented. But it's good all over the mountain tbh.

You got to add some details about you self not just the type of riding you'll be doing. Such as: weight, height and foot size. Then, if your lucky, the pro's will help
When i say going fast i mean nicer to go faster on than my worn out soft forum recon! It didnt get the bouncing at the front that i experince with the recon!

Im about 5ft10 and weight about 12 stone with a size 9 (uk size) boot, Iv currently got the burton cartel bindings with the solomon f24 boots. Im aware that id need to change the plates on my cartels to fit the est board but thats no big deal!

How diffrent is the flex on the skate banana compared to the sherlock?
Old 12-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'd go with the skate banana simply because you rode it, you like it. Doesn't matter what you learn on you tend to out grow it in a season or two anyways if you keep it up
Xelorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbaa View Post
When i say going fast i mean nicer to go faster on than my worn out soft forum recon! It didnt get the bouncing at the front that i experince with the recon!

Im about 5ft10 and weight about 12 stone with a size 9 (uk size) boot, Iv currently got the burton cartel bindings with the solomon f24 boots. Im aware that id need to change the plates on my cartels to fit the est board but thats no big deal!

How diffrent is the flex on the skate banana compared to the sherlock?
Yea I can imagine that it felt better. But if you want a GOOD freeride board a skate banana is not what your looking for.

Alright, so that's a about a 160lbs and a 10,5 US size. Good for you that you dont need to bother with a wide board then.
Since the sherlock and the skate banana is so different I can't really tell. But the sherlock is stiffer that's for sure. I've recommended some boards for you. There are so many threads on this site with the exact same question so you got to do some research, ppl dont want to have the same discussion over and over again.

Also, Im not that sure that the EST bindings is just about the baseplate... If it's just to change the baseplate and you got a EST binding then hell yea, awesome.