Need a good intermediate All mountain board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 08:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need a good intermediate All mountain board

Hey all, I'm in search of a good first board for me by January. I've been on a snowboard a combined maybe 30 something times but only ever rented. I've been skiing about a hundred times but I feel like there's no dignity left in that anymore haha. I'm 6'1" 215 Lbs and wear a size 13-14 so from my understanding that limits me to Wide boards only. I want an "all mountain" board I will likely spend 80% of my time freeriding, going fast and looking for natural jumps/ drop offs and 20% in the park but I will probably not hit the pipe once. I live in the northeast so I will very likely see a good amount of man made/ icy conditions. I think I should probably get a pair of boots to start out and see exactly what size I am before picking a board and bindings? I'm wanting a board that I can really grow into as my skills improve more
Joeyblunts420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

How about the Ride Antic '58wide?
SnowKorpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowKorpy View Post
How about the Ride Antic '58wide?
I have the 2010 with those same specs (height and weight). Its a solid board but I have been sort of disappointed with how it handles east coast ice. Might want to demo it first if icy conditions are a big concern. Its been a tough season so far for sure as far as ice goes. The Antic 2011 though is rockered and might catch better...
dksmith17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

What's the deal with Lib tech and Gnu? Are they a joint-company? It looks like they share technologies. I ask because I'm considering: Lib Tech Skate Banana 159W, Gnu Carbon Credit 159W, Ride Antic 158W, K2 Turbo Dream 157W, Bataleon Goliath 161W... As of now, leaning towards the skate banana what do y'all think?
Joeyblunts420 is offline   Reply With Quote