Advice on a new Board- Lib Tech, Palmer, NS, AMPLID?! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Advice on a new Board- Lib Tech, Palmer, NS, AMPLID?!

I know you don't want to read a novel here, so I'll get straight to it. I'm an advanced rider (about 10 years under my belt) looking for a new board. I keep mostly to the back bowls, black groomers etc- I hit my fair share of kickers but I stay out of the park for the most part. I ride mostly in Colorado, but also Washington, so I look for powder but definitely don't have the luxury of the fluffy stuff every day I go up. That means I need something I can shred the deep with, but won't put me on my face every time I hit an ice patch. I'm mostly looking at rockered boards, but not exclusively. The board I'm replacing is a Palmer Burn from about 2004- I really enjoy the feel and versatility of the board but it's time I got something new.

My first question is has anyone ridden the new Amplid Creamer?? or even the Equity, which it is replacing? I've heard a few rave reviews of Amplid boards but it's tough to find someone who has actually ridden one. I'm very interested in trying out this brand, but am a little scared to jump in. The other boards I've been checking out so far are:

Lib Tech Dark Series- I've heard great things about Magne-traction

Never Summer Premier F1

Rossignol One Magtek- again, Magne-traction, but I am VERY hesitant to buy a rossi, even though I've heard good things about this board.

Palmer Burn (or Honeycomb if I can find one cheap enough)- just based on the feel of my current board, I figure i probably wouldn't regret picking up the new one.

So that gives you an idea of the type of ride I'm looking for, and you can probably tell my price range is about 450-650ish. If you have experience with any of these boards, or something similar that I left out, I would LOVE to get some solid feedback. Thanks guys!
shrednasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...ks-series.html
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Snowwolf loves his new Rossi http://www.snowboardingforum.com/sno...otal-gear.html
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Thanks for that- makes me want to look a little harder at the One Magtek. He's raving about that thing so much it's almost like they paid him for it haha. Good to know that Rossi has finally gotten rid of their less-than-stellar rep in the snowboarding world.
shrednasty is offline   Reply With Quote