Hey all! Nitro Icon57....... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hey all! Nitro Icon57.......

First and foremost this is my first thread here and I have been just reading and searching around. You guys have a great place here and Im glad I found it.

So I bought a Nitro Icon57 many years ago with ride lx bindings (many many years ago) and that was my first board that I had ever since. It was my learing board, my Vermont black diamonds board, and my everything board. I like the board, it is white top with black bottom. I tried to google it and came up with nothing. What I am trying to figure out is the style of the board, meaning is it all mountain/park/freeride. It is a great board but what I remember is that it doesnt do too well on icy conditions and since I always rode on the east coast, well you get it. I havent seen a mountain in a few years at this point and I really want to ride this year. My question also is will this board still work? Has it expired? I cant really afford to buy another board right now so I am trying to gather as much info as possible. I really appreciate any input you guys have as this is where all the knowledge is. Thanks in advance again.

I dont know if this is needed but:
5'9"
145lbs
Goofy
I mostly used to just go down the mountain and fool around with the small jumps here and there but never really jumping lol.
AdrenalinPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Oh and something I forgot to mention, I have never, ever, EVAR!!! Waxed this board.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Not even one comment? No advice? Anyone?
Old 12-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Well thanks to everyone who responded(sarc), I decided to keep my board and dropped it off at the local place to get waxed and detuned front and rear edges (never done).
Old 12-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinPlease View Post
My question also is will this board still work? Has it expired? I cant really afford to buy another board right now so I am trying to gather as much info as possible. I really appreciate any input you guys have as this is where all the knowledge is. Thanks in advance again.
Seems to me like you're asking us a silly question.

Boards "expire" when you feel you're ready to move onto the next one for whatever given reason. That being said, you noted you haven't been on the snow in a few years. I would imagine that board to be just fine for throwing turns around and getting back into the feeling of snowboarding in general. No reason to drop hundreds of dollars when you're not sure if you still even enjoy the sport.