Never Summer Pandora - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never Summer Pandora

Hello~

I'm a beginner boarder that's starting to get comfortable carving. My local mountain usually have groomed runs, sometimes powder if we're lucky, and can get icy by the end of the season. I ride green/blue runs. I'm 5'4, about 110 lbs, with a size 5.5 boot size.

Would the Never Summer Pandora 143cm be a good board for me? I want something that's easy to control. I'm riding my sister's Burton Lux 139 right now, and I'm finding my heel to toe transition a bit rough sometimes. Maybe it's just my lack of skills at the moment...

I found a pretty good deal of $260 for the Pandora. I just want some expert advices before I make the purchase.

Thank you everyone for any input~
monkeyrpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Pandora should be a good fit! You'll love that vario-grip on the icy days.

What year is the Pandora you're looking at? There have been significant changes in that board recently.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hi lilfoot~ Thanks for your reply. The Pandora I'm looking at is listed as a 2009. Would that year model be still a good board? Thanks again!

Also, if I do decide to buy this board, would putting on Flow The Five or Burton Triad EST bindings be appropriate? I'm not familiar what kind of criteria I'm looking for when it comes to bindings and my riding habits. So far... I'm just kinda looking at the price and my budget. Thanks so much~

Last edited by monkeyrpn; 12-18-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That model year is the last year Never Summer had camber on their boards. It's still a good board, it just doesn't have the famous NS recurve camber that current boards have. I'm not sure if it has vario grip, either.

Double check those bindings - I think they might be men's bindings. At your size, you'll want women-specific bindings. Check out Burton Lexas or Rome Madisons.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ah... after all the great things you said about the current year Pandora... I don't know if I should still get the 2009 model. I guess now it's weighing all those nice features for $400 against not having those features for only $260. It's hard to find reviews for the 2009 model.

I'm reading some good reviews about the Rossignol Zena Snowboard Bindings, what do you think?

Thanks again, lilfoot~

Last edited by monkeyrpn; 12-18-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I hear almost nothing about Rossi bindings - I would stay away from them. In general, stay away from the cheaper bindings in any line. They will be uncomfortable and difficult to strap in and out of

What kind of budget do you have? Ride Vxns are a decent beginner-intermediate binding.

Other good bindings:

Rome Madison
Union Milan or Trilogy
Burton Lexa
K2 Virtue, Auto Agogo
Old 12-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think the Pandora would still be a nice board, but it's on sale because people stopped buying the cambered version as soon as the rockered version became available. It's your call. $260 is a great deal. Another option is to look around for NS sales. I bought my 2011 Pandora for $350 at Saltypeaks.com a few weeks ago.

Also, what's your budget for a board? The Capita Space Metal Fantasy is a fun board that is as soft as the Pandora and I think it's a bit cheaper. Also check out the Rome Vinyl and K2 Luna or Lunatique.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

This is my first board, so I'm hoping to keep within the budget of $250 for a board, and $100 for bindings. Am I expecting too much with this tight budget?

I just found a Ride Canvas for $250 Ride Canvas Snowboard - Women's from Departmentofgoods.com
Old 12-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've heard great things about the Canvas! Quality board, for sure.

You should be able to find decent bindings from last season for a good price. Check these out:
Ride VXn Snowboard Bindings - Women's - '09/'10 at REI.com
Ride DVa Snowboard Bindings - Women's at REI.com
Ride VXN Snowboard Bindings - Women's Reviews & Sale | trusnow.com
Old 12-20-2010, 01:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for the bindings recommendations! I think the black Ride VXn looks really cool~

One more question before I pull the trigger on the Canvas. Are there any major changes on the board from the 2010 model to the new 2011 model?

Thanks! You've been ever so helpful!