Raygun vs Turbo Dream vs Riders Choice or Burton with Frostbite - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Generally speaking, people that don't like the ICS/EST system fall into two categories:

1) They don't trust the two bolt mounting system

2) They think there is no benefit and is strictly a proprietary invention by Burton to force people to buy their bindings too
Can I be in both categories?

Note: I might not say "strictly," but the proprietary aspect is far too great a part of it for my taste.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-rizzle View Post
Hey everyone.

Thanks for all of the advice. While I'd like to go with the Burton Process V Rocker with Frostbite, I don't like that I'd have to purchase new bindings just to ride it.

I think I am settled on the Gnu Riders Choice. I believe it is almost identical to the Lib Tech TRS, but has a sintered base instead of an extruded base. I really think the Magne-traction will work best for me here in Ohio.

Next thing I need to consider is board size. I was told I could get anywhere from 154.5 - 157.5 - 161.5. I'm leaning towards the 157.5 because I am 6' and 180lbs. Would the 154.5 make much sense?

Thanks,
Just bought a 157.5 Riders Choice and im 5'10'' 180 lbs and size 10 boots. I've been freeriding a fair amount and i really like to spend time in the park and found this size is perfect for me.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Hey fellas,

I finally made a purchase. I was going to wait until the end of the season, but was able to get a great deal on a k2 raygun. I know it's not top of the line, but I'm going to invest in some great bindings and boots with the extra case. I'll hopefully progress on this for the next couple of years, and then jump into a more advanced board.

Thanks for all of the help. This is such a great place to get first hand info.

P.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode