Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   HELP! size 12 boot and 159 vapor (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/34548-help-size-12-boot-159-vapor.html)

charlie_hustle7 12-20-2010 03:12 PM

HELP! size 12 boot and 159 vapor

I might be buying a 159 Burton Vapor really cheap, like 400 to 500 with Burton triad bindings. The guy selling it says he wears 11.5 boots. Im bout to buy some new boots, Burton or DC most likey, just because i live in louisville ky and thats what dicks carries and that is the only place around here that sells snowboard boots. I called a burton and they said i should be fine with any Burton Boots that have Shrinkage tech. I am just really worried about heel/toe drag. Ive been riding a 159 burton cruizer wide its waist is 26.2 The vapor is 24.9 Any experience with this, thoughts on it, and suggestions on affordable boots. I go boarding about 10 or 12 times a year and mainly freeride and carve! Thanks in advance!

thetraveler 12-20-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie_hustle7 (Post 345574)
I might be buying a 159 Burton Vapor really cheap, like 400 to 500 with Burton triad bindings. The guy selling it says he wears 11.5 boots. Im bout to buy some new boots, Burton or DC most likey, just because i live in louisville ky and thats what dicks carries and that is the only place around here that sells snowboard boots. I called a burton and they said i should be fine with any Burton Boots that have Shrinkage tech. I am just really worried about heel/toe drag. Ive been riding a 159 burton cruizer wide its waist is 26.2 The vapor is 24.9 Any experience with this, thoughts on it, and suggestions on affordable boots. I go boarding about 10 or 12 times a year and mainly freeride and carve! Thanks in advance!

It will hugely depend on your stance - where do you set your bindings and what angles you use?

As a word of caution - I wear size 12 Burton Rulers and use large size bindings (Raiden Blackhawk and Burton Mission). I also ride using a max. width stance of 26" and the angles on my bindings are +18 front, -15 back. I would say this setup is almost the most you can do to make a non-wide board work for large feet (you can also use risers)and with this I have just about managed to fit myself onto a board with a 25.3 waist. If you do carving and freeriding I imagine your stance is likely to be narrower and you may be using a lower angle on your back foot? If that is the case I think you may struggle with the narrowness of this Vapour...

As a side point, if it's such a good deal you might be able to sell it on eBay if it doesn't work out for you?

charlie_hustle7 12-20-2010 08:16 PM

alright i just went and tried on boots. the best fitting were Salomon Faction boots and surprisingly i fit into 11-11.5 boots. One boot they just size them out like that. But they seemed very comfortable, nicely tight fitting and but not overly stiff. Warm and easy on and off. My back foot has no angle front has prolly 15 or or 20 tops. stance preferred is wider rather than narrower, vapors only have a limited options on stance i believe.

Qball 12-20-2010 08:22 PM

500 bucks is cheap?! You can get a brand new board that will be just as good, if not better.

Phenom 12-20-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qball (Post 345752)
500 bucks is cheap?! You can get a brand new board that will be just as good, if not better.

The Vapor is like a $900+ board IIRC

charlie_hustle7 12-20-2010 08:36 PM

i believed it to be cheap in standards of vapors? what other boards may you get with bindings that would compare in mint condition, with the performance of the board? im really looking for a top notch board arbor a-frame, never summer, or such that has binding already. I'm not looking to drop 400- 600 just for a board and then have to spend another give or take 200 on bindings. any suggestions are wanted..

Qball 12-20-2010 08:41 PM

I know, but it still doesn't make 500 cheap, when that should be the price of a brand new one.

charlie_hustle7 12-20-2010 08:47 PM

i agree, maybe i should just start my own company and then ill be set, i can make my own prices, lol.

Qball 12-20-2010 08:49 PM

My advice, spend as much money as needed on comfortable, properly fitting boots first. The bindings that are already on the board may not even fit your boots anyway, so it may not be worth it. What year vapor is it?

charlie_hustle7 12-20-2010 08:56 PM

08 model, i am certain im going to get the salomon faction boots.