Burton Nug review - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Burton Nug review

Have not heard much talk about the Burton Nug here on the forums but I wanted to post my review of the 150.

Rode the Nug 150 at Stratton today. Corduroy in the morning, hardpack then icy in the afternoon. Hit a bunch of trails, the boarder x course and a few small jumps.

I am 6'2", ~180lbs, spent last year riding a 158 Never Summer Evo-r and I also have a NS Premier 163.

I found the nug to be incredibly stable. Not just for it's size but in general. On the Evo I would definitely get some flapping in the nose at speed and can get knocked off course a bit in rougher conditions. The bug definitely seemed more stable than the Evo.
I found the edge hold to be pretty good, bu still prefer NS vario or Arbor griptech.

I don't know that it has a "ton" of pop but because of the size it is so much quicker and easier to suck your knees up on jumps. When landing I didnt experiencing any washing out unless I was way off and in the backseat. Definitely easier to spin as well and butters pretty easy which is expected. I did feel a little squirrely at first, I think because of the shorter tail.

This board can certainly be a do everything resort board, especially on the EK. I am not sure in what instances I would grab something else. Really want to see it teh powzer and think it would kill in the trees. That being said, I will probably ride my premier tomorrow just because conditions are shit and we are pretty much going full speed down the groomers. The nug is amazing but still not as stable or fast as that tank. *
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq33 View Post
Have not heard much talk about the Burton Nug here on the forums but I wanted to post my review of the 150.

Rode the Nug 150 at Stratton today. Corduroy in the morning, hardpack then icy in the afternoon. Hit a bunch of trails, the boarder x course and a few small jumps.

I am 6'2", ~180lbs, spent last year riding a 158 Never Summer Evo-r and I also have a NS Premier 163.

I found the nug to be incredibly stable. Not just for it's size but in general. On the Evo I would definitely get some flapping in the nose at speed and can get knocked off course a bit in rougher conditions. The bug definitely seemed more stable than the Evo.
I found the edge hold to be pretty good, bu still prefer NS vario or Arbor griptech.

I don't know that it has a "ton" of pop but because of the size it is so much quicker and easier to suck your knees up on jumps. When landing I didnt experiencing any washing out unless I was way off and in the backseat. Definitely easier to spin as well and butters pretty easy which is expected. I did feel a little squirrely at first, I think because of the shorter tail.

This board can certainly be a do everything resort board, especially on the EK. I am not sure in what instances I would grab something else. Really want to see it teh powzer and think it would kill in the trees. That being said, I will probably ride my premier tomorrow just because conditions are shit and we are pretty much going full speed down the groomers. The nug is amazing but still not as stable or fast as that tank. *
i tried a nug too, and it was surprisingly stable, but it was weird for me riding a board that short (i weigh 180 too). great for spinning, buttering, and the park, but i prefer something in the 155-157 range.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice review. Should've posted at the equipment review section though
skip11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Fair enough. Mods pls move
Old 12-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

How would you compare the Nug with the Coda?
L3mnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Pretty similar feel actually. Both very stable, fast, quick edge to edge and a good amount of pop. Would say Coda wins on edge hold but Nug wins on maneuverability and fun factor.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

kinda off topic....but i loooveeee that Border cross trail at stratton....along with that long as black diamond all the way on the left part of the mtn
Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

so far ive had a chance to ride the nug in some deep snow and it is pretty amazing, it floats really well and the rocker keeps that nose up and out of the snow nicely, not too much work on the back leg i tell ya
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote