Want new Bindings, currently using 04? Ride SPI's - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 07:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
Actually, I'd say that the 390's have the most similar response to the SPi's. I'm not sure how to describe it, but the flex is similar, but the response is just so much better in the Romes.
Thanks for the reply, have you tried the arsenals and Targa's to compare? Would the Arsenals and Targa's be MORE responsive than the 390's/Spi's then?
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm in the same boat as you in terms of riding SPi's...I have 05's myself but I rode the Targas and felt that they were essentially the same thing as my SPi's. I'm looking more for comfort and the most comfortable are the Flow NXT-AT, Burton CO2's and Union Forces...I'm also looking into the Raiden R8 bindings...
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution View Post
I'm in the same boat as you in terms of riding SPi's...I have 05's myself but I rode the Targas and felt that they were essentially the same thing as my SPi's. I'm looking more for comfort and the most comfortable are the Flow NXT-AT, Burton CO2's and Union Forces...I'm also looking into the Raiden R8 bindings...
Are these the SPi's you have? Hard to tell from your pic, but its the ones I have, they are 04/05

The biggest complaint I have about them is the padding right in the middle of the ankle strap is a little thin, which leads to a pressure point on the top of my foot. So the Targa's feel about the same? Have you tried the 390's? I don't really want the Burton C02's, they are out of my price range, and so are the flow's and Raidens, so I'll look into the Union's. I may have to just go with a newer SPi or RX binding though
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
S.S.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumiezrep24 View Post
those are nice... amazing bindings. if you wanna drop a couple more billz check out flux bindings, rome targas, ride delta mvmnt beta's, and technine mfm pro's.... dont bother with burton too heavy clunky and barly a warranty when they break so frequently and the toecaps suck on em...
Have the Beta MVMNTs. Love em. Bit pricey, but I got them for $120.

Check out the Rome 390s though. Haven't heard anything but good things from them.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ice_Sickle

I have two bindings:

03/04 Ride Teams and 06/07 Rome Arsenals.

It's hard to make a true comparison because I have two different setups (freeride and all mountain freestyle). However, I don't think you'll get equivalent response between an all metal binding and a plastic/metal binding. Having said that, however, I've had no problems with response with the Arsenals; going down black diamonds hasn't been a problem.

-Ice.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
Flow's and Burton's not flexing? Probably the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard anyone spew...
if you havent felt the fisher price plastic on burton and flow bindings then you probably dont know that they feel like they arent supposed to flex one bit. theyre too tough. and with that wiring and clamp holding all my bodyweight up? sorry i dont trust that and i dont think that flows were meant for the park more then fast easy and lazy as fuck people who just freeride. this guys looking for responsive dependable flexible bindings that will reassure him that they wont break or have any issues. thats where the romes, rides, and flux bindings come in play. def read up on the flux's though ive seen one guy ride em now hes a buddy of mine he says that they are the best ones he has ridden and hes got burtons, tried flows, and has a pair of 390's. he said a tad more stiff but def worth it.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:32 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumiezrep24 View Post
if you havent felt the fisher price plastic on burton and flow bindings then you probably dont know that they feel like they arent supposed to flex one bit. theyre too tough. and with that wiring and clamp holding all my bodyweight up? sorry i dont trust that and i dont think that flows were meant for the park more then fast easy and lazy as fuck people who just freeride. this guys looking for responsive dependable flexible bindings that will reassure him that they wont break or have any issues. thats where the romes, rides, and flux bindings come in play. def read up on the flux's though ive seen one guy ride em now hes a buddy of mine he says that they are the best ones he has ridden and hes got burtons, tried flows, and has a pair of 390's. he said a tad more stiff but def worth it.
HHAHAHAH hold on, so you trust your body's weight to a plastic tooth that the ratchet's hold on to, but not to the gage 2 braided wiring and a clasp that will break fingers?
Oh, and with regards to the 'fisher price plastic' on my flows, I didn't feel any difference from ride or rome plastics *shrug*

Back to topic though:
I ride Flow AMP9, not sure what replaced those, could have been the M9 currently, and they're comfortable I find. I do find them a bit heavier than some others, but if you're just freeriding, I'd say give'em a go.
Also, I find that they're not too stiff. I just started this year, and have no problem getting my board to do what I want with them.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote