Want new Bindings, currently using 04? Ride SPI's - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Want new Bindings, currently using 04? Ride SPI's

So I feel its time to purchase some new bindings for next year, my Ride SPi's are getting close to their end, and I want something new. I am mainly a freeride style snowboarder, and like to go off the occasional kicker, but not really much of a park guy. No rails, no spins on jumps etc. I really like the responsiveness of the SPi's, but they aren't the most comfortable binding around. I'm pretty advanced, and I can handle most single black diamonds out there. I'm looking for a binding that is relatively responsive, but more comfortable than the SPi's. I'm also looking to spend around $150 at the end of the season. Not interested in a particular brand, although Ride's would be a plus because thats what I've been using for the last 5+ years, and the only brand I'm not interested in is Burton. Any bindings out there that would meet these req's?
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2008, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
PapaWood

Rome 390s for about $170 get awesome reviews on here for being super tough, highly adjustable.

Bent Metal Missionary Bindings are also around the $170 range and are extremely tough and super comfortable.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

not sure why you're against burton but, not my problem. so i will suggest to you union cadets or forces. check em out, unionbindingcompany.com

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Metalhead505

IMO I love Flow bindings. They are great and are the only bindings I am ever going to use. Also Burtons are killer to.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaWood View Post
Rome 390s for about $170 get awesome reviews on here for being super tough, highly adjustable.

Bent Metal Missionary Bindings are also around the $170 range and are extremely tough and super comfortable.
those are nice... amazing bindings. if you wanna drop a couple more billz check out flux bindings, rome targas, ride delta mvmnt beta's, and technine mfm pro's.... dont bother with burton too heavy clunky and barly a warranty when they break so frequently and the toecaps suck on em...
Old 01-28-2008, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead505 View Post
IMO I love Flow bindings. They are great and are the only bindings I am ever going to use. Also Burtons are killer to.
typical i think im shaun white here no offense. burtons crack, the straps strip easily, the highbacks crack right in half, theyre too stiff and made with too much plastic, the toecaps always tear up and go up on your toe instead of staying right where they should. burtons are way overrated and way overpriced with how cheap they are made and their quality...

and flows? same old theyre a bitch to get set up but once you do theyre great. yeah for 1 riding. the local sledding hill. theyre too stiff not comftorable at all and too bulky. also i wouldnt want to depend on a piece of flimsy wire and clamp to keep my 165lbs fatass up. that shit is just gonna break, and ive seen it happen along with the persons arm. only good if you have the money. id rather stick with the old fashion 2 strap and not be the steryotypical american. also a good binding has flex. those and burtons dont. flex is comfort comfort makes one hell of a happy rider. id rather not go in with blisters all over my toes and ankle idk about you guys out there but i dont like pain when im riding.

Last edited by zumiezrep24; 01-28-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Flow's and Burton's not flexing? Probably the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard anyone spew...
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
PapaWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
Flow's and Burton's not flexing? Probably the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard anyone spew...
I concur.... most stuff this guy has posted has been of a similar fashion.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Really guys, I don't need any biased answers that bash any brands, I'll pretty much consider any of them. Actually half of my friends rock the flows, so I'm always one of the last to strap in, but I've borrowed some and they just don't feel right on my feet. If a particular flow model would provide the responsiveness I'm looking for though, I would certainly consider it. Also, if I don't do alot of jumps/park, is weight really a big issue?
Right now I'm really looking into the Rome's, which I've only seen positive reviews about. One thing though, I'm not sure if I should be looking into the 390's Targa's, or Arsenals, according to the website, the Arsenals are the stiffest, which would make them most like the SPi's I currently ride, but are they comfortable? The 390's seem more like a freestyle binding which isn't really what I'm looking for. The Targa's are inbetween, and the stiffness can be adjust to nearly the level of the Arsenals, but are slightly outside of my price range. So with those considerations, would the arsenal's work for what I'm after, a decently stiff, comfortable freeride binding? Or are the Targa's that much better?

Last edited by redlude97; 01-28-2008 at 07:34 PM.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Actually, I'd say that the 390's have the most similar response to the SPi's. I'm not sure how to describe it, but the flex is similar, but the response is just so much better in the Romes.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote