advice and oppinion on board repair - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default advice and oppinion on board repair

I rode my NS f1 for the first time this past weekend. Extremely happy with the board, when through some glades and banged up the edge a tad which ended up pushing the base up. It is on the toe side for me, and the edge is slightly pushed in.

The ski/board shop(reputable locally) looked at the board and told me just to ride it the way it is. They can fix it but will need to cut the base to fix the core and edge. He doesn't recommend making the cut, as it will weaken the board at those points. I asked if I could put a vice and squeeze it back, as it looks like I can. He did mention it would be a good idea to do so.

I've never had a bump on my board, is it a common repair that the ski/board shop should be able to fix without making a cut?

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (71.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (83.3 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Yai2010; 12-20-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Yai2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

How in the hell did you do that?
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yai2010 View Post
I rode my NS f1 for the first time this past weekend. Extremely happy with the board, when through some glades and banged up the edge a tad which ended up pushing the base up. It is on the toe side for me, and the edge is slightly pushed in.

The ski/board shop(reputable locally) looked at the board and told me just to ride it the way it is. They can fix it but will need to cut the base to fix the core and edge. He doesn't recommend making the cut, as it will weaken the board at those points. I asked if I could put a vice and squeeze it back, as it looks like I can. He did mention it would be a good idea to do so.

I've never had a bump on my board, is it a common repair that the ski/board shop should be able to fix without making a cut?

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Looks like you hit a street sign. lmao.

I'd just p-tex the base for waxing properly later, and just ride it. Then again, a muffed up edge here and there never seemed like a big deal for me unless it's the ideal spot for catching a carve.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

haha! yeah rode the board real hard. Had a little too much fun! I'm certain I ran over a rock or tree stump while on my toe side edge. No way to see or avoid them in the glades this early in the year.

Looks like it isnt' a major issue, I'll try and fix it on my own.
Yai2010 is offline   Reply With Quote