buying camber - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #21 (permalink)

"The rotation when you ollie is the rocker board revealing a flaw in your technique."
Does it come down to my weight not being centered on the front binding when I crouch? I really don't think the rear binding has much to do with it, could it?
outlyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlyr View Post
Do you know of any other cambered boards with the rockered corners? Any Rome or Capita's?
Rossignol already has been mentioned; in addition, Jones, Yes, and Nidecker.
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #23 (permalink)

Default nitro gullwing

I have no experience with other reverse cambered boards, but my nitro subpop feels as stable as any cambered board I tried, which is surprising since its such a soft, flexible light boards.
pencap75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #24 (permalink)

Capita Black Snowboard of Death 2011 is camber between bindings and early rise nose and tail. Mind you, this is an all-mountain stick, less freestyle oriented.
thetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #25 (permalink)

That Yes Optimistic looks pretty good.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraveler View Post
Capita Black Snowboard of Death 2011 is camber between bindings and early rise nose and tail. Mind you, this is an all-mountain stick, less freestyle oriented.
Do you recommend the early rise nose and tail for Northeast manmade ice with only occasional powder? Will a true cambered board like the Ride DH have a tendency to catch edges in such conditions?
Old 12-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you recommend the early rise nose and tail for Northeast manmade ice with only occasional powder? Will a true cambered board like the Ride DH have a tendency to catch edges in such conditions?
I ride in the East and already prefer my hybrid camber DH2.4 to my camber Decade for precisely that reason. But look, the catchiness of pure camber is not something that can't be overcome with due care. When that's all there was to ride, people managed well enough. We're not talking about an enormous difference.
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR View Post
I ride in the East and already prefer my hybrid camber DH2.4 to my camber Decade for precisely that reason. But look, the catchiness of pure camber is not something that can't be overcome with due care. When that's all there was to ride, people managed well enough. We're not talking about an enormous difference.
I'm thinking that I want to gain the experience of riding a pure cambered board. I learned on soft cambered rental boards and while I noticed their tendency to catch edges when transitioning from toe to heal, I still felt much more controlled than I do on my 2010 custom v rocker. I'm getting used to it and don't regret buying it, but something tells me to pick up a pure cambered now and wait on the hybrids for a few years.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #29 (permalink)

I bought this year's DH 157. First and foremost, this is an outstanding freestyle stick. Every time I go to the park I come back home with an ear to ear grin. On top of that, it is great for groomers, speed, drops, ice and handles powder to boot.

But, you can't be sloppy with your snowboarding technique anywhere on the mountain since it isn't forgiving. On the flipside, this unforgivingness will make you learn proper riding technique - otherwise it will beat you up (not just in terms of falling over but you'll waste a lot of your energy).
thetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
"The rotation when you ollie is the rocker board revealing a flaw in your technique."
Does it come down to my weight not being centered on the front binding when I crouch? I really don't think the rear binding has much to do with it, could it?
With out seeing you the best guess I could make is that you are rotating your shoulders forward when you lean back to pop and that is causing a frontside rotation. It doesn't show on a cambered board because the tail's edges will dig in to stop the rotation. Make sure you are going strait back with your weight.
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote