Mini chick let question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mini chick let question

Well looks like I am going get the mini chick let for my 5 year old daughter. Only can find it in 100. Was thinking should be ok. Wanted a 90 or 80 cause she only weighs 38 lbs. Question is what bindings and can they be mounted on that board? She has a size 12 shoe.
Thanks
Hjscm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2010, 08:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have a couple Chicklets for my girls, 1 90, 2 100's and a 120. The 100 will be fine. Does it have a pad where the bindings mount? That's the newer style. The newer style that came out two years ago fits the smaller feet much better than the older ones. For some reason Burton made these smaller boards too wide. For a size 12 boot, use the Burton X-small bindings, they have one rachet and are easy get one and off. I also have a small pair of Flow kids bindings, but I do not like them as much as the Burton bindings.
Psi-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Perfetc yeah it has the pads. That's why I was worried about mounting binding. The sizes confused me cause they have small small then youth. I will get the 100 then. And xsmall bindings. What about the triplet tow rope thingy. Also thanks for the reply.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

No problem, glad I could help. Do you mean the ringlet that mounts to the front of the board to help tow them around? I don't have one, but the concept is fine. It could help on the flats a bit. The X-smalls are fine for boots up to 4-5, so you will get plenty of mileage out of them. I usually comb Ebay weekly in the spring and summer to find deals on boots. I had all the kids size boots 11 - size 4 before any of them ever hit the slopes. When you can pick up a pair of boots for $15 you gotta grab them. They are all the Burton kids Moto boots. Have fun teaching the little one, it takes a lot of patience.
Psi-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah my wife has no patience so I will have to do it between working. But it will be fun thanks and have a safe season
Old 12-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

I salute you sir!!! My wife wont let me put my daughter on a board, shes also 5. My son on the other hand doesnt want to and he's 8.
AdrenalinPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

well their not on the board yet. i hope they like it. one is 7 and one is 5. they tried it 3 times last year and did pretty good. so i am hoping this year with there own stuff they like it. they have season passes so no biggie if they just want to go for an hour or so. we'll see.