Difference between 06/07 Burton Custom and 07/08 Model. EDGE HELP. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
powershiftz02gt

Exclamation Difference between 06/07 Burton Custom and 07/08 Model. EDGE HELP.

I found an 06/07 Burton Custom at a skate shop near me for 340. i was thinking of taking that deal. the top of the board is a little chipped but w/e. It nothing i wouldnt get from 3 days of riding it im sure.

But anyway i noticed the Sidewalls were different. i think they are called side walls. It kinda like curves from the top of the board to the Metal Edge and the New Model the 08 model just goes down on a diagnal to the metal edge. this is really hard to explain on the internet sorry. But if you understand what im trying to say which type of sidewall is better or it acually might be called the sidecut?

heres a Pic^^ See how the part between the metal edge and the Top of the board are different Angles. which one is better or what is the purpose for these different designs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008, 08:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mendel

I have the same edge on my 05/06 burton cruzer.
The edge is at like 45(throwing number out there) degree angle from the top of the board and then the actual side(farthest part) is another 45degree change, which makes it perpendicular to the top of the board.
I'll post up a picture later.
I was kinda worried when I saw all my friends' board's having one distinct angle from the top to the bottom of the board, but I haven't realized anything that makes either different.
Keep in mind that I'm a relative newbie.
I trash my friends on the ice coast on basically any run, but I've only had one board and I haven't ventured out much(other brands or resorts).
If some pro/mod would give their two cents that would be nice cause I'm curious why the 2 edges.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
powershiftz02gt

ic yeah im worried just like you were. ive never seen this design and i always just saw the one diagnal type. but im sure its still good. I mean its a custom. haha. But yaeh it would be nice for more people to answer this tread. thanks for your opinion.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the 'rounded' edge is there 10:45 sidewall. its supposed to help with dampening and such. on another note, i was talking with a guy that worked at a shop at winer park who said he and a bunch of his friend had problems with the egdes on there 06/07 burtons getting pushed into the boards. i like burton, they must have just had a bad year or bad batch or something. so you might go with the 08 just to be safe.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
powershiftz02gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
the 'rounded' edge is there 10:45 sidewall. its supposed to help with dampening and such. on another note, i was talking with a guy that worked at a shop at winer park who said he and a bunch of his friend had problems with the egdes on there 06/07 burtons getting pushed into the boards. i like burton, they must have just had a bad year or bad batch or something. so you might go with the 08 just to be safe.
Wow thats good to know.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
WickedWheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I just got last years baron..... hope it doesn't have the edge that give riders problems.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mendel

my cruzer is 05 or 06 idk.
its fine, no edge problems after few years of riding
Old 02-08-2008, 04:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
ehman

Well from what I learnt, this is their new Pro 10:45 Sidewalls and they say it cuts pow and crust admirably.