Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   wow didnt expect this to happen :( (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/34662-wow-didnt-expect-happen.html)

snowboarder1 12-22-2010 09:33 AM

wow didnt expect this to happen :(

well i bought my first board this year and it ended up being pretty small for me and after this year i already have to get a new board. i am 5'3 and weigh 128 and have a shoe size of 8. I'm looking for a snowboard to last me awhile and i ride park (boxes, jumps, and just riding) im an intermediate rider and was wondering if anyone has any board suggestions for me? nex year will be my 3rd year snowboarding

Karasene 12-22-2010 09:40 AM

what is the size board you are riding now?
and are you male or female?

EDIT: I'm a chick.. and we are pretty much the same height and weight. I Ride a 147 a lil stiff mainly all mountain and thats as big as I'd want to go... for more freestyle I would drop to a 141. Depends what you're looking to do with your riding.

snowboarder1 12-22-2010 09:44 AM

male and im riding a 140 because the guy i bought it from lied and said it was a 150 so when i found out it was a 140 i was pretty ticked off

Karasene 12-22-2010 09:52 AM

Yeah I'm guessing you aren't done growing? Might not be horrible as a freestyle board right now but you're going to outgrow that board in a second. Prolly shoulda aimed more between 147-151 to last next season as well. Did you buy the board online or something where you weren't able to see how big it was? Hope itwasn't a huge investment.

snowboarder1 12-22-2010 10:12 AM

i bought it at valleywood ski shop (my local snowboard shop) and no it wasnt a huge investment i got it pretty cheap 250 dollars with boots and bindings but sadly all of them are to small for me now. do you have any board suggestions?

Karasene 12-22-2010 11:37 AM

I think its easy for people to just recommend whatever board they like... but honestly there are so many choices and new technologies when it comes to boards these days only you can decide what it is you're looking for.

I will say I love magna-traction (lots of ice on the east coast)and I went from regular camber last season to C2 this season (camber-rocker-camber) which also made a great difference.

I think you just need to narrow down what it is you're looking to get out of a board and see what model boards come in the size you want and go from there.

Sorry I can't give you much advice on men's boards but I know there are plenty of guys on this forum that could list off a few I'm sure. If they stumble on your thread. Good luck!

Penguin1991 12-22-2010 02:34 PM

What is your budget for the new board?

snowboarder1 12-22-2010 05:01 PM

for just the board maybe 360 dollars? idk im looking at the burton blunt, is that a good board

Penguin1991 12-22-2010 08:15 PM

For around that price look at the K2 Raygun, gnu Carbon Credit, CAPiTA Horroscope FK, CAPiTA Indoor Survival FK, and look on the-house.com and look at the 2010 Burton Hero. Regular $450 and they have them on sale for $340. Heard it is a pretty good all around board that definitely has park roots. I just got one and am running it up to Baker tomorrow to test it out. I can tell tho already since it is pretty flexy that mach 10 prbly wont be a good option with it. But after tomorrow I can tell ya how it rode once I know for sure.

snowboarder1 12-23-2010 08:01 AM

ok thanks alot