wow didnt expect this to happen :( - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default wow didnt expect this to happen :(

well i bought my first board this year and it ended up being pretty small for me and after this year i already have to get a new board. i am 5'3 and weigh 128 and have a shoe size of 8. I'm looking for a snowboard to last me awhile and i ride park (boxes, jumps, and just riding) im an intermediate rider and was wondering if anyone has any board suggestions for me? nex year will be my 3rd year snowboarding
snowboarder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

what is the size board you are riding now?
and are you male or female?

EDIT: I'm a chick.. and we are pretty much the same height and weight. I Ride a 147 a lil stiff mainly all mountain and thats as big as I'd want to go... for more freestyle I would drop to a 141. Depends what you're looking to do with your riding.

Last edited by Karasene; 12-22-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Karasene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

male and im riding a 140 because the guy i bought it from lied and said it was a 150 so when i found out it was a 140 i was pretty ticked off
Old 12-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah I'm guessing you aren't done growing? Might not be horrible as a freestyle board right now but you're going to outgrow that board in a second. Prolly shoulda aimed more between 147-151 to last next season as well. Did you buy the board online or something where you weren't able to see how big it was? Hope itwasn't a huge investment.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

i bought it at valleywood ski shop (my local snowboard shop) and no it wasnt a huge investment i got it pretty cheap 250 dollars with boots and bindings but sadly all of them are to small for me now. do you have any board suggestions?
Old 12-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think its easy for people to just recommend whatever board they like... but honestly there are so many choices and new technologies when it comes to boards these days only you can decide what it is you're looking for.

I will say I love magna-traction (lots of ice on the east coast)and I went from regular camber last season to C2 this season (camber-rocker-camber) which also made a great difference.

I think you just need to narrow down what it is you're looking to get out of a board and see what model boards come in the size you want and go from there.

Sorry I can't give you much advice on men's boards but I know there are plenty of guys on this forum that could list off a few I'm sure. If they stumble on your thread. Good luck!
Old 12-22-2010, 03:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

What is your budget for the new board?
Penguin1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

for just the board maybe 360 dollars? idk im looking at the burton blunt, is that a good board
Old 12-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

For around that price look at the K2 Raygun, gnu Carbon Credit, CAPiTA Horroscope FK, CAPiTA Indoor Survival FK, and look on the-house.com and look at the 2010 Burton Hero. Regular $450 and they have them on sale for $340. Heard it is a pretty good all around board that definitely has park roots. I just got one and am running it up to Baker tomorrow to test it out. I can tell tho already since it is pretty flexy that mach 10 prbly wont be a good option with it. But after tomorrow I can tell ya how it rode once I know for sure.
Penguin1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

ok thanks alot