Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   burton nug? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/34760-burton-nug.html)

snowboarder1 12-24-2010 12:05 PM

burton nug?

has anyone here road the burton nug? ive heard its a pretty sick board, but I'm having some trouble finding some reviews on it. What type of riding style is it for and does it hold up good on riding and jumps, also at high speeds does it hold a good edge or not?

Nivek 12-24-2010 07:00 PM

Its a more aggressive design following the theory of the WWW. Shorten the tips, lengthen the effective edge...

Good for park, fair on jumps, but it's just vrock so it will be a little squirly.

You're money is better spent elsewhere.

rgrwilco 12-25-2010 01:47 AM

There is a lot of confusion around this board. I have a Nug, a stairmaster extreme 156, and a 155 joystick. my 146 nug is more stable than each one of those boards. it is not a soft board at all either. It is a go everywhere board. I could post a video review to show it off sometime this week if there is interest. I highly recommend.

There is more to the nug than just shortening the tips and lengthening the edge. the core has a lot going on to add to the stability.

snowboarder1 12-25-2010 08:31 AM

hmm ya i do hear the nug is pretty sweet and rides great as you said but i think im more so looking into the skate banana now

Nivek 12-26-2010 12:18 AM

If you want a Lib skip the banana and get the Attack. I've given this board a lot of shiv on here, but it is going to be better than the Skate. A touch softer and ec2 to make it somewhat more stable with a way more mellow Magne. Better options if you're looking for a do everything board that's really good in the park would be a Signal Omni, CAPiTA Green Machine FK, Arbor Westmark, Forum Destroyer Chili, K2 Fastplant, Omatic Extr-Txtr, or a Flow Era.

guarnibl 12-27-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgrwilco (Post 347743)
There is a lot of confusion around this board. I have a Nug, a stairmaster extreme 156, and a 155 joystick. my 146 nug is more stable than each one of those boards. it is not a soft board at all either. It is a go everywhere board. I could post a video review to show it off sometime this week if there is interest. I highly recommend.

There is more to the nug than just shortening the tips and lengthening the edge. the core has a lot going on to add to the stability.

I just bought:
Burton Nug 146
Burton Cartel EST
Burton Grail

Downgrading(Upgrading) from a Burton Motion 162 from 2002. I'm 5'10 150

rgrwilco 12-27-2010 10:57 PM

Rode the nug today in pow and urban rails. It is teh sex. Super fun board. awesome to have in a quiver.

comrade 07-05-2011 07:04 PM

nugget? loved it!

i am in love with this board. i am a 120lb girl who is 5'1. i usually ride a 145 capita space metal fantasy. I was very skeptical taking out a soft little 134, but to my surprise this board is way stable! it spins with little to no effort and stomps! i am very pleased. :]

CustomX - J-rad 07-06-2011 12:37 AM

ya, the board is super sick, its not just a short ass board. They made it so it rides like a longer board but its short (they recommend 8-10cm shorter for the nug), and its super fun, SHREDS pow, its a super fun board, hit runs have to be the funnest thing ever cuz its short.