Blank Snowboards? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member

total nigerian scammers haha. how can you attend the dew tour if you're in china! LOL!

this is their blog on their site. i wouldn;t trust them.
"Blog/News
Dew Tour

Post date: 01/19/2010 - 00:11
Description:
The Dew Tour made there stop here in Utah this last weekend, and I had a chance to go and check it out. Dude! These riders are from a different breed. I saw some amazing athletes, with some amazing talent, these riders must live, breath and sleep pipe and slope style.

As I was walking around checking out the scene, and visiting the riders tents. It amazes me to see where snowboarding has gone and what it has become. I love this sport more than anything, and it is pretty cool to witness all the growth in it. But at the same time it is really sad to watch all these young riders who dont have any real love for the sport. It is all about sponsorship, and what drink company you ride for, and what size of park jump that you can hit.
What happened to the soul of snowboarding, where park jumps dont exsist, the only thing to jib was a rock or tree. I am not saying what the sport has know is wrong or bad, it just makes me miss what I had.

Sometimes when I go off on these silly little tangents, I maybe think that I am just a bitter snowboarder that cant do all the new tricks or going through a mid life crisis, that it is just my age, and that I need to addapt to this new world. This new world of snowboarding is not fun. It really makes me want to push Blank snowboards even harder. Blank Snowboards is the soul of snowboarding, we are just a bunch of washed up dudes who remember what once was. It not about the silly bling, its not about who is wearing what. I miss being able to go to the hill wearing a pair of jeans and hoodie and hooking with some bro's that are down. I am sick of the vibe fest that you get while you are waiting in a lift line, dudes checking you out and seeing if you wearing 09 gear or the new 2010 gear. Do my stickers match my outfit? I am going to end my rant know, and just say that I am so sick of all of these corperate companies running the show by making us think that we have to rock there gear to be cool, Im sick of being a billboard advertisment for these companies that have ruined the sport."
MistahTaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the factory that makes the boards is in china. the company is located in Utah. This isnt a scam, and its quit obvious.
PanHandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanHandler View Post
the factory that makes the boards is in china. the company is located in Utah. This isnt a scam, and its quit obvious.
i'm joking. i'm skeptical about them though.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Stay Strapped

Yea this is a scam... I read about it on the Onion
Old 12-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Member

link you the union article?
Old 12-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteEclipse View Post
Yea this is a scam... I read about it on the Onion
that's where i get all my news.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:54 AM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So, i friended blank snowboards on facebook, and this (even more) clears up any concern that i might have had about the company. Theres tons of people who are saying that theyre great boards, people are mentioning how they just got theirs in the mail, there are numerous real life pictures of peoples boards. People are taking pictures showing that theyre writing random stuff on them

Example:

a "to do" list:

Old 12-27-2010, 01:01 AM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanHandler View Post
So, i friended blank snowboards on facebook, and this (even more) clears up any concern that i might have had about the company. Theres tons of people who are saying that theyre great boards, people are mentioning how they just got theirs in the mail, there are numerous real life pictures of peoples boards. People are taking pictures showing that theyre writing random stuff on them

Example:

a "to do" list:

from all your posts on this thread you're sounding like you are trying to promote their boards. hmmmm
Old 12-27-2010, 01:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member

hahah not at all. i have no idea who these guys are, never used one of their boards. im just posting things as i figure them out as i was a bit (ok, a lot) skeptical when i found out about them. I do think they have an interesting look on the whole snowboarding culture though, and i agree with most of it.

Plus it does sound like a good deal, so why not try and spread the word?
Old 12-27-2010, 01:34 AM   #30 (permalink)
Veteran Member

try it and then spread the world. i think they aren;t trustworthy.