What am I thinking? snowboarding + skiing? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 01:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default What am I thinking? snowboarding + skiing?

I snowboarded one time and then skied a few times....and then I saw snowboard on sale and I brought the boarding equipment. I sticked with snowboarding for a few years now. I am very comfortable with freeriding now, but too chicken to try freestlye...maybe being a bit older I guess...

Since freeriding is not a challege for me now, so getting a bit bored and wanting new chanllenge. I remember it was much easier for me to learn to ski than snowboarding. I brought a night lift pass. so I am thinking doing both interchangeably...is it realistic for me to do so? is it possible I like both equally? I haven't skied for a few year now. I saw ski half price today so I can't help brought myself a pair of Volkl Viento ski ($299 with binding)am I just wasting my money?

any thought?

Last edited by campfortune; 12-27-2010 at 01:30 AM.
campfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2010, 01:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

do whatever lets you have fun.

how is freeriding not a challenge? unless you go to the same spot every single time i cant see it getting boring.
PanHandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

No, you are not just wasting your money. There are some aspects of skiing that can help improve your riding. It is all about having fun on the slope.
gjsnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Resident poet

Go for it...I'm in the same boat but too chicken and even have a set of reasonably good ski stuff sitting in the basement. My daughter rode for 7-8 years, switched to skiing last year...loved it...picked it up really fast...bombing, boxes, rails, switch, 40 ft jumps, 3 and 5 and backflips the first year ...got medical insurance. She's a ski instructor this year...btw she is dying to get me out on skis..."dad, I'm a professional ski instructor." Well, I have committed myself to some soft spring day. Yesterday was the first time this year she rode her board 1/2 day...she sucked...tomahawked a couple times on some steeps...which would have never happened 2 years ago.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

They're two different sports. No body would look at you weird for snowboarding and playing basketball. I've got a pair of ski boots sitting in my closet and you better believe I'm busting them out if I ever find a great deal on some twin tip skis. My friend has skateboarded and rollerbladed for the past 15 years. If he can do that your fine.
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote