Decisions, Decisions, Decisions... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

Hello I am in search of my first board so if you could help me it would be great. I've ridden 12 days on rentals.

I'm 6' 120lbs, 16 years old, and wear 9.5-10 sized shoes. My budget is to stay under $800 for the full board, boots and bindings. I'd prefer to stay around $600-$700 for the fully built board but the $800 is my max i'm paying. Also bored must be twin edge so I can lead with both feet.

I plan on riding park but I still want to be able to ride groomers and go farther up the mountain and ride deep powder as I live in Vancouver BC, so I have Whistler, Cypress/Grouse, and Mt. Baker all within a 2 hour drive. Cypress is where I'll be doing the bulk of my riding and since its only 30min drive from downtown vancouver (which is at sea level) its going to be rather icy and slushy snow i think. It should get powder higher up though.

I've looked at getting a 09 or 10 Endeavor Colour series as its a twin tip/edge park/freestyle board. I came across a Burton V-Rocker also but can't remember what the name of it was. I like the looks of the Lib Tech Skate Banana but I don't know if its twin edge, as I want to be able to lead goofy and regular. I've also looked at the Endeavor RC.

I'm open to any suggestions for board, boots and bindings.

Thank You

Last edited by swisscosmo; 12-27-2010 at 12:10 PM.
swisscosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

pretty much all boards are twin tip these days (i think thats what you mean, not twin edge) and the skate banana certainly is. the banana is a great park board and im sure it would be good for powder too cuz its a rocker (sorry i live in ontario where you gotta drive too long to get good powder so i dont really know how good it would be for that one other board i can reccomend is the Gnu Dirty Pillow BTX... ive never riddden one but my friend has one and he loves it for pow...

sorry i dont have much experience with pow boards cuz ive only owned 4 boards since i started riding..

btw the gnu is $489 at dogfunk so it would probs fit your price range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokehaus View Post
Snowolf and I have came to an agreement that it was for sure Poutanen's fault. I vote for one year of probation and being forced to ride skis til death.
mrjimyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimyjohn View Post
pretty much all boards are twin tip these days (i think thats what you mean, not twin edge) and the skate banana certainly is. the banana is a great park board and im sure it would be good for powder too cuz its a rocker (sorry i live in ontario where you gotta drive too long to get good powder so i dont really know how good it would be for that one other board i can reccomend is the Gnu Dirty Pillow BTX... ive never riddden one but my friend has one and he loves it for pow...

sorry i dont have much experience with pow boards cuz ive only owned 4 boards since i started riding..

btw the gnu is $489 at dogfunk so it would probs fit your price range
Ok thanks for the input. Yes i do mean Twin tip, I couldn't remember if it was twin tip or twin edge but thanks. I haven't looked into the GNU Dirty Pillow BTX but I will definitly look into it.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Any other suggestions? Currentlly I'll probibly get the Lib Tech SB but i'm still open to more suggestions.

What are some good Boots and bindings that would look great with a LT SB? I know the boots have to be what ever is the most comfterble but if i have to that are the same good feel and one of them looks better i'll go with it.