Lib Tech Skunk Ape - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Triple xXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 14
Default Lib Tech Skunk Ape

I just bought a new 2011 Lib Tech Skunk Ape. Basically the wide version of the Travis Rice C2 BTX. I have never ridden it yet.

Was just curious on what you like about the board and what bindings you would recommend?

I currently riding a Burton Blunt with Mission bindings.

Thanks!
Triple xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC/CT
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
I just bought a new 2011 Lib Tech Skunk Ape. Basically the wide version of the Travis Rice C2 BTX. I have never ridden it yet.

Was just curious on what you like about the board and what bindings you would recommend?

I currently riding a Burton Blunt with Mission bindings.

Thanks!
check out the rome 390 boss and the flux rk45's. both really good all mountain focused bindings (which you will probably need on a skunk ape ). let us know how you like the skunk i was always interested in it having a size 11 boot, but i just decided on the t rice myself haha.
__________________
-HodgePodge
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Triple xXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
check out the rome 390 boss and the flux rk45's. both really good all mountain focused bindings (which you will probably need on a skunk ape ). let us know how you like the skunk i was always interested in it having a size 11 boot, but i just decided on the t rice myself haha.


Well how do you like the T.Rice??? Is that the new T.Rice you have?
Triple xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC/CT
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
Well how do you like the T.Rice??? Is that the new T.Rice you have?
yeah its ILL. the skunk ape was a GREAT choice you are going to have a blast. one of the best decks out there
__________________
-HodgePodge
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 52
Default

I have Ride Delta's on my skunk ape - this years

Absolutely love the board, its destroying everything I throw at it so far, between ripping down groomers to floating through trees, a few drops between 5' and 10', and some beginner level park stuff (not a park guy for the most part) (

My old and first board is a Burton Dominant with freestyle bindings so the difference is night and day - You're gonna love it!
Chris2347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Lstarrasl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Carlsbad
Posts: 645
Default

Best graphic of the Lib Line this year, I wish they had that graphic on the Dark Series.

The 2011 Skunk Ape graphic was based off of this Lib:



Doughboy Shredder!!!
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC/CT
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstarrasl View Post
Best graphic of the Lib Line this year, I wish they had that graphic on the Dark Series.

The 2011 Skunk Ape graphic was based off of this Lib:



Doughboy Shredder!!!
FUCK YES!! i was thinking of getting one i saw on ebay
__________________
-HodgePodge
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Lstarrasl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Carlsbad
Posts: 645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
FUCK YES!! i was thinking of getting one i saw on ebay
hope you have an extra 500 lying around.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 19
Default

I'm looking to upgrade bindings for my c2 btx. At first i was thinking union forces but i've decided on a stiffer binding for all mountain free ride.

Burton Cartel or Ride SPI is what i'm thinking.
Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Lstarrasl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Carlsbad
Posts: 645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I'm looking to upgrade bindings for my c2 btx. At first i was thinking union forces but i've decided on a stiffer binding for all mountain free ride.

Burton Cartel or Ride SPI is what i'm thinking.
I got the SPi's for my '11 Dark Series, they are sick!
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums