Your guys help needed badly: BATALEON Evil Twin 157 vs BATALEON Riot 155 + FLUX SF45 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Your guys help needed badly: BATALEON Evil Twin 157 vs BATALEON Riot 155 + FLUX SF45

I really need your guys help.

First of all hi to everybody since that is actually my first post in this forum.

I'm like 5'10" and 185 - 190lbs and 9 or 9.5 boot size. I was looking around for a new board and now it's pretty safe to say that i need a Bataleon since I've read so much awesome stuff about them. I have to add that i really want to buy a twin tip!

Now it's a toss up between the 157 ET and the 155 Riot. It'll be a board for everything. Let me explain to you what everything means.

It will be used for groomers, park (smaller jumps with spins), and a few friends will pull me into powder once in a while. But mostly I like a board which I can use for playing around on the groomers, mostly try new jumps and spins and occasionally racing down the mountain.

So I tend to buy the 157 ET since it's 2 inch longer and will handle my bodyweight better. But I'm afraid that it will chatter as soon as I start to speed down the groomers. I'm not sure whether it is too soft for me?

On the other hand is the riot. I really do not want to buy the 159cm because i've rode just 155er before and 159cm plus the stiffness doesn't sound too good for me regarding playing around. I heard it's a pretty nice board, but is it maybe to stiff?

I've read all the reviews about both boards and as far as I know the Riot used to be a 7 5 7 flex and the evil twin a 6 4 6? So is the new Riot an ET from a few years ago with a sintered base?

Do you think the sintruded base of the ET is a huge disadvantage against the Riot's sintered base?

What would you guys say about my situation? What board is best for having fun everywhere but with a focus on trying hard to advance my jump/spin skills as often as possible?

I will buy new bindings too. Thanks to triple8sol for the reviews about the Flux Bindings. He really hooked me up with them. I'm pretty sure I will buy the SF45 and I think it will have enough needed flex with my 185-190 lbs. I would also appreciate it, if somebody gave me some advice which binding size i should choose. 9 - 9.5 boots --> m or l?

I'd really love to get some input from you guys!!

That'd be awesome! Thanks!!
The Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

I am about your same size. 6' and about 190. my boots are 10-10.5

I rode an Evil Twin last year in a 159. It was a bit soft for me (i ride a lot of steeps, and deep pow. Sometimes head to the park and rip some of the jumps, lots of natural features.)

This year I am on a 155 riot. I like it, but it still could be stiffer. Might pick up a jam here soon, see how it compares.

I don't feel like the sintered base on my riot is much faster than the ET was last year. This thing is not even close to as fast as my 159 burton Jussi.

All in all I really like the riot. It is stiff enough to stomp bigger lines with confidence, but the softer flex in the middle allows it to float a bit better in powder, and gives it a bit of playfulness.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

so you think the 155 riot would be a better take and wouldn't be a few inches too short?
Old 12-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't find mine too short.

It is a pretty good do everything board. I do wish it was a bit stiffer, and a bit faster. But all around I am pretty happy with it.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

first of all, the difference between a 155 and 157 is only about a half inch, not 3 inches...so, I don't think this should even be an issue

anyway, I'm 175 lbs and find my 155 riot to be slightly too stiff for me. Don't get me wrong, it's solid as rock stable at speeds and excellent at spins...but when I want to just launch a huge ollie off a roller, preloading the tail as much as I want is difficult (you do weight more than I do, so this may not be an issue for you)

(btw, I don't like any short twins in deep pow...maybe up to 6 inches)

Last edited by extra0; 12-28-2010 at 05:46 PM.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

first of all thanks for your input! i really appreciate it!

cool to hear, that you both think that 155 won't be an issue.

interesting though the two different preferences. on the one hand you hear somenone saying that it's a bit too soft and on the other hand you hear the exact opposite, which is too stiff. maybe it's the 15lbs difference.

so did bataleon actually changed the construction of the board, because the ET went from 6-4-6 to 5-3-5 and the riot from 7-5-7 to 6-4-6 or was it just that people disagreed with the flex rating and bataleon just changed the rating and the flex remained the same?

you're pretty on point with your statement about short twins in deep powder. but do you think the 155 riot would outperform a 157 ET in pow?
Old 12-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

idk...when there's pow, I ride my pow board (undisputed)

wouldn't be surprised if they changed the actual stiffness, not just the ratings. My riot is the stiffer 2008 model...so, yeah, definitely think the riot would be the best of the two for you

Last edited by extra0; 12-28-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

ok cool! thx!

i assume you have L/XL bindings on your riot?

i'm not sure yet whether i should go with M/L or L/XL flux on my riot with 9 or 9.5 boots.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I do have L/XL bindings, but they're Rome 390s and I wear a 10.5 boot

...I'd probably say, if I were on the dividing line, I'd go bigger
Old 12-29-2010, 10:41 AM   #10 (permalink)

thanks i will try it out and report after it!

gonna check out a local board shop within the next week and ask if they can make a good price for the 155 riot!