Parkstar vs Evo vs Stairmaster Extreme - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Parkstar vs Evo vs Stairmaster Extreme

Ok after this season I will have about 3 seasons under my belt, going rougly 12 times a season. I consider myself somewhat advanced on just boarding down mountains, but I am still learning in the park. I can go off the smaller jumps and on the basic rails no problem. I want to start to practice on some larger jumps as well as some more advanced rails.

I am looking for a park oriented board, that would be ok to take down the groomers as well. I ride on the east coast, so my snow is far from fresh pow. I currently have a k2 anagram so if my next board can at least be able to do handle the groomers as well as the anagram, thats perfectly good with me.

I want a board that is flexible with a good amount of pop, while stiff enough to be able to handle some larger jumps. As the title states, I am considering the k2 parkstar, ns evo, and capita stairmaster extreme. Does anyone have any knowledge about the main differences between these 3 boards such as maybe the capita would be better for rails/butters, not so great at jumps or something like that. Like a comparison of the three that will help me determine which board would be better suited for my preference. Essentially I am looking for an park board that can handle all types of features, while being at least as good as the basic anagram for groomers.

I'm 5'7", 135lbs, boots are a size 8. Thanks for all the help
Nmbr1Ballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I ride the Capita Scaremaster, which is a one off of the Stairmaster, and I'm pretty happy with the overall feel of the board. I've also ridden the Darkstar and found it too soft, if the parkstar is softer I dont think it'll be good for bigger jumps. As for the Evo, I can't say. Never ridden one. I'd go with the Capita...I know I will next year.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have heard nothing but amazing things about the Parkstar and EVO, but from my experience with NS, I would say lean towards the EVO, good luck.
timmyboy188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

The Capita Stairmaster Extreme is one of the best boards out now for big kickers and would be perfect for riding groomers as well. The parkstar is a perfect do it all board as well, if you are more jump oriented though I'd consider the darkstar. Never tried the evo but everyone on this forum has a boner for them, so probably all good choices.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies, keep em coming. I found this random, not really review, but just some kid seeing what kinda flex a evo had. YouTube - Never Summer Evo-R

If the other 2 boards have as much flex as that, I'd be completely happy. I feel like my anagram can't go half that far. Maybe it can and my legs are just to scrawny to make it do it or I'm to scared I'm gonna break the board but i know I try sometimes and it def. doesn't go anywhere near that.

I wouldn't say I am more jump oriented as I want to be able to do it all and be a good all around park rider, but I will say jumps peak my interest more then rails do so if I HAD to have a preference, I would prefer a jump board, but not by a large margin or anything.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've been to Breck and small resorts on the east coast with my 2011 evo. Its handled everything very well. I've been in deep pow, through the park (jibs and jumps), and groomers. I think you would be happy the evo.

Honestly, you'll probably be happy with any of those boards. I have never been on a capita or k2 though.
jiveturkeydk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well since everyone seems to love their boards and everyone thinks each would be good, maybe it would be better if I asked if there is anything you don't like about the board or wish it could do better. So is there anything you wish it could do better for you parkstar, stairmaster and evo owners?
Old 12-30-2010, 03:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I wish my Scaremaster had a sintered base...that's why I'll be replacing it with the stairmaster extreme. Other than that it's perfect for my riding style.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Wow, didn't realize the Evo was that soft. I'll have to pick one up for this season.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote