Gonna ride park.. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gonna ride park..

sup peeps,well decided that its time to learn how to ride park this year and Im going to Stratton in 3 weeks.So im thinking on taking a park lesson,cause I wanna get the feel of things.Also should I detune my edges about 2degrees so that i dont catch an edge,will that really be necesary?And would I feel a difrence on my edges when im just riding the slpoes after I detune?
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

depends on the last time you tuned your board. in general, if your just starting i wouldn't worry about it too much. if you feel like you need to do something, take a file to the part of your edge where it start to turn up at the nose and tail(about 1in up the nose and tail and 2in the other way). it will help you straight line riding flat.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
snowbrdr47

you'd only want to detune in between your bindings, if you're gonna be getting into rails/boxes. and that wouldn't affect your normal riding at all
Old 02-03-2008, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by laz167 View Post
sup peeps,well decided that its time to learn how to ride park this year and Im going to Stratton in 3 weeks.So im thinking on taking a park lesson,cause I wanna get the feel of things.Also should I detune my edges about 2degrees so that i dont catch an edge,will that really be necesary?And would I feel a difrence on my edges when im just riding the slpoes after I detune?
first of all what kinda setup do you have? if its a burton board then your boards edges arent beveled at all. idk why burton doesnt bevel their edges but they just dont, every other company is anywhere from 2-4 degree beveled edges. tell me your whole setup in a message and ill get back to you asap to let you know.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

07 blunt with 08 cartels.My nose and tail have been detuned since day one.And Ive actualy detuned my side edges about 1-2 degrees,using the tape and file method,since I cant seem to find a beveling tool anywhere.i dont really want to take more than 2 degrees on my board since I ride in the east coast and we tend to have alot of ice.
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

ill piggy back.. i got the 08 blunt 158.. im looking to detune the tail and tip right? not between the bindings.. also if i reshaprpen my board, do i specify how i want the board shaprpend? same was as it was factory?
thanx
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by laz167 View Post
07 blunt with 08 cartels.My nose and tail have been detuned since day one.And Ive actualy detuned my side edges about 1-2 degrees,using the tape and file method,since I cant seem to find a beveling tool anywhere.i dont really want to take more than 2 degrees on my board since I ride in the east coast and we tend to have alot of ice.
i hear ya i live in the midwest its common and really like 2 degrees is enough. just clip out of your board when theyre fixin up a box if you know the guys that are workin there and slide your board up and down the box to see how much leeway you have. you really dont have to detune your nose and your tail considering that your barly ever on that edge, well, your really never on it. some boards are stopping to put the edge all the way around the board. but def do the box method. thats the only way to see how easily your gonna catch an edge. it should go the same way with a rail a little more leeway but not much. and for the bindings id switch it up were talking about those being park bindings in a different thread and how there almost useless in the park. just too stiff and not as much feel as a more flexible binding. expensive is not always better.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCboarder View Post
ill piggy back.. i got the 08 blunt 158.. im looking to detune the tail and tip right? not between the bindings.. also if i reshaprpen my board, do i specify how i want the board shaprpend? same was as it was factory?
thanx
watch out for that blunt, ive seen a kids topsheet crack just like shaun whites. he came in the store. i blame the infinite ride. but he might have been riding a little too hard for the first day. but just watch it ok?