Another beginner question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another beginner question

Hello everyone,

I have been skiing for around 13-14 years now and have decided to switch over to snowboarding. While I have quite a bit of knowledge about ski equipment, I have only basic knowledge when it comes to snowboard equipment. Here is my information

5'10"
160 lbs
11 shoe size
24 years old

I plan to mainly free ride. The "main" resort I go to (anywhere from 20-30 times per season) has a 360 ft vertical drop. I am looking to spend $600-700 dollars for the board, bindings, boots and any mounting/work that needs to be done to the board. I'm looking for a board that would last me at least a few seasons (beginning thru late intermediate skill levels.) I've only snowboarded twice this season and plan to rent a few more times this season until the big sales start in Feb/March. I'd have no issues purchasing 2011 equipment at the end of this season if it means big savings (this is what I usually did with ski equipment.)

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding good equipment for me? Also, does anyone know of any online retailers which tend to sell very cheap at the end of the season? I'm planning on buying the board/bindings online, but I'd prefer to buy the boots in person even if I have to shell out a little extra cash.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Last edited by MNskier86; 12-28-2010 at 04:52 PM.
MNskier86 is offline   Reply With Quote