So Ready To Ride! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default So Ready To Ride!

sorry to everyone but i just finished putting my board together, cartel est and 158 w flying V...finally get to hit the slopes after a month of having a pass. shits too expensive people! i haven't been on the slopes since spring and i have this awesome feeling i'm not physically at my best, do any of you do workouts or stretches formed around building your core and legs for boarding? any tips would be greatful though as i already know how to stretch, dur dur. but if any workouts have been a part of your schedules maybe you could lend me a hand on what has worked for you!? thanks people of the forum
Colorado311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado311 View Post
sorry to everyone but i just finished putting my board together, cartel est and 158 w flying V...finally get to hit the slopes after a month of having a pass. shits too expensive people! i haven't been on the slopes since spring and i have this awesome feeling i'm not physically at my best, do any of you do workouts or stretches formed around building your core and legs for boarding? any tips would be greatful though as i already know how to stretch, dur dur. but if any workouts have been a part of your schedules maybe you could lend me a hand on what has worked for you!? thanks people of the forum
stretch every muscle on your body before you get on the board. Take it easy and get your body used to riding before you start pushing it too hard, or you'll end up like me . Stretch before you leave to the mountain and stretch on the mountain before you strap in.
MistahTaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

also it's good to start jogging and it'll help with endurance and get your legs workin'.
MistahTaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahTaki View Post
also it's good to start jogging and it'll help with endurance and get your legs workin'.
sounds good to me! i just bought some running shoes last week and i'm plannin on quittin smokin cigs. i know....bad. but i want to run the bolder boulder 10k in the spring and i've got a long ways to go if i wanna do well in it! yeah and i had spine surgery (9 inch scar) and had to relearn how to walk for the first week afterwards so its been a huge struggle getting back into shape. little by little works the best i believe though. thanks mistahtaki
Old 12-29-2010, 12:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

I just snowboard to warm me up for snowboarding. Stretch before the first few times though as others have said - your muscles aren't used to working like that.
AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

I like squats. Or those wall sits where you sit in an invisible chair against the wall. And balance exercises.
StarCommand is offline   Reply With Quote