TRS Length Difference - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default TRS Length Difference

The trs c2 btx comes in a 157 and 159. The stiffness and waist width are the same. The weight range is 105+ on the 157 and 125+ on the 159.

At what weight would you recommend the 159 over the 157? I weight 170-175 and was recommended the 157. I am wondering who would need the 159.
ylnad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You can do either. At your weight, the 157 will handle a little softer than the stated flex. The 158 is your all-mountain size and will handle like the stated flex. Generally speaking, you want to be around a 40lb difference from the min or max weight of a board for all-mountain riding.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

i weigh in around 160-170 6ft and i ride the 09/10 157 trs. as stated above, you could do either, but i see no reason for you to step up to the 159 unless youre riding a lot more deep days/ focus on mostly big mountain riding as opposed to any park stuff; even then, this board has a lot of float and will feel like a board in the 160s in pow.

ive found that the 157 is a good blend of stiffness (plenty of support for high speed groomers, steeps, big drops/jumps. etc.) and just a hint of playfulness for presses/jibs/flatland. really just a great board and ive ridden it EVERYWHERE from urban rails to deep pow days. it holds up to everything you throw at it, and long story short i love it. the only drawbacks i could think of (and this is splitting hairs) are
1.) there are times when i wish the board actually flexed a little more for me, but that's more a product of my riding style and need for a park specific board for those spring park/butter days.

2.) it eats through wax like crazy and is not the fastest base i have ridden. i feel like i almost need to wax before every session.
carvebeast is offline   Reply With Quote