Advice on K2 Fastplant - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Advice on K2 Fastplant

Hey guys. First post on this forum so here goes...

I'm looking at a couple boards right now, but I'm really interested in the K2 Fastplant. As for my riding, I'm getting more and more into park riding, but I do love riding groomed trails (probably about half and half). I'm a decent rider, I do diamonds and harder blues whenever I can, but my park riding is just average. I live on the east coast, so most of my riding is going to be on hardpack and chunky ice trails. Furthermore, the mountains that I go to are smaller mountains so the trails are smaller and carving isn't as important. Since I'm really limited to the smaller mountains, I typically spend most of my time in the park just because going down a regular trail will take me 2 minutes and they get boring after a while. However, I do take the occasional ski trip to Killington or better east coast resorts...

So, if anyone who has ridden, or knows someone who has ridden, the K2 Fastplant, can you please let me know your thoughts on the board. What are the pros and cons? What were the conditions that you rode it on? And most importantly, how does it handle on icy conditions and steeped groomed trails such as diamonds at Killington?

Finally, if you have another board that you think may fit the style of riding I previously mentioned better, please let me know and do explain why. You know that mentality when you get your eyes on something you like a lot and everything else just doesn't seem to compare? Well that's what the Fastplant is for me right now... If you could provide convincing arguments to change my mind, that would be perfect.

Thank you!
justaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Your riding style sounds very similar to mine and the thread I started yesterday a few threads down. I don't know much about the fastplant, but I have heard people like the parkstar a bit more then the fastplant. Check out the thread below about the parkstar evo and stairmaster extreme. Those are the 3 I am checking out that I feel would best suit what I am doing, and it seems your style is very similar to mine. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Nmbr1Ballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Forgot to add

Sorry guys,

I forgot to add some extra basic info:

Weight: 200 (plan on losing, not by this winter though)
Boot size: 11 and ride Burton Cartels in size large
Age: 20, done growing and this would be a permanent board for many years
budget: I'll be willing to pay the full $500 for the Fastplant, but not anything more

Nmbr1Ballr: Thanks, I've been looking at the Parkstar and the Never Summer Evo as well.
justaname is offline   Reply With Quote