Riding different length boards? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
lizmonky

Red face Riding different length boards?

I'm 5' 8", 140 lb., female. I am looking to get a new board between now and next season. I currently have a 151 that I bought new and on sale a few years ago for $100. My husband says it's a piece of crap and I should look at getting a board that might be more flexible. I don't ride in the park, generally go to the top of the mountain and ride down, through trees, anywhere there's powder. I'm still beginner-intermediate and we spend a lot of time at Snoqualmie Pass in WA where we have Season's Passes. We ride the Quad at Central and the main lift at Alpental. My price range is about $250-$300, unless there is something I really ought to have..

Can anyone recommend a good board for me? Should I switch lengths? From a little research, it sounds like I might only want a shorter board if I plan on doing more park riding. Are there manufacturers that ever go up to the mountains and let you try out different styles/lengths of their boards? If it matters, I have regular bindings (not step-ins or flow), and Salomon Ivy boots.

Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008, 10:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

my friend hits up bowls and trees with her gnu be nice. with magne its 399 and i dont know what it is without(it does come with or without). still a littel more than you were hoping for but the rome vinyl is another notable. i dont know much about any of the roxy boards except that they are made by mervin who also make lib boards so they should be well made. the gnu i recommend in the 150 and the vinyl in the 149. the k2 luna in 149 and the omatic benatar in 149 are worth a look.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
idleuser

another +1 for the gnu b-nice pro by gnu with mtx.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
lizmonky

Default Thx for the replies

Thanks so much for the replies.

I don't know what's what in the world of snowboarding, so I generally try and stick with Burton as much as possible. Or just read reviews on backcountry.com...

But thanks a lot, I will definitely check out that Gnu board and stick with the length I'm at or somewhat close.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
lizmonky

checking it out...thanks!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
idleuser

btw, the 151cm +/- 1 or 2 cm is a perfect size for you I wouldn't go shorter than a 151 though. You should also check out the manufacture specs on the board and rating. A 151cm from Rome might not be the same as a 151cm from Burton. It's slightly 1cm below your weight class but if you're looking for a budget board then I would recommend this one to you.

This board is perfect for you and it won't break the budget for your type of riding style.

Moda3 Store - Boards - ALL Terrain - '07 BLUE 151

I almost bought this board for my gf but I found a Ride Vista at our local REI for 170

Last edited by idleuser; 01-30-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

I ride the rome blue that idleuser reccomended for you, and i completely agree that its perfect for you. Its a great board and that is an amazing deal on it, you should go for it!
snowsam17 is offline   Reply With Quote