Does anyone else still love camber? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Does anyone else still love camber?

Don't get me wrong, there are huge benefits to rocker in many circumstances, but I still love camber.
I'm an intermediate/advanced (kinda in the middle) all mountain rider who is developing a love for speed, control, and kickers. I've ridden many rockered boards of different types and I don't like them anywhere near as much as my 09/10 Custom (which I bought a week ago at REI for just over $300).
I've always ridden camber and I still am in love with the power transfer and the almost springy suspension feel even when compared to really sweet rockered boards like the K2 Turbo, or even the V Rocker Custom.

Maybe if I had more time to ride powder or liked jibbing more I'd have a different opinion, but not so much for the conditions and type of riding I do (I'm a midwesterner).

All this post is for is to see if there are any other riders out there with no intention of giving up on traditional, pure camber just yet?

PS. Thanks for the help guys, I rarely post because usually I can find the answers to just about any question with enough searching of past threads, which is really helpful.
kedvaledrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have no interest in a straight up camber board after riding Never Summer R/C tech.

My 2010 Capita Black Death is seriously neglected now
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I definitely love the NS R/C.

However, when it comes to absolutely hauling ass, balls to the wall, I'll take a good ole stiff cambered plank.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

im never giving up on it, its all ive ever used and ive been riding for 14 years (i ride 90% park). what is it that keeps people away from traditional camber? i mean i know alot of kids like buttering and want to press the shit out of their board but you dont need a rocker for that (most of the pros and advanced park riders you see still use camber). im sure rocker has benefits in alot of situations but im still skeptical, i feel like its geared towards beginners and companies are just pushing this stuff out their because its the hot thing in the market right now. dont get me wrong id love to try one someday im sure there fun as hell to mess around on.
garlicbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i love me some camber for bombing hills, jumps, and backcountry thick powder.

If im gonna slide sideways into the park or hit the city, give me a reverse camber please!
PanHandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've never tried a reverse camber so I can't compare. But yes, I love camber! Its a technology that has been around for a long time and isn't going anywhere.
imprezd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

Speed, kickers, quality of board feedback - cannot beat traditional camber on these.
thetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I got board the other day and took out a Signal Park series it was fun for a few runs.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Resident poet

Raised on stiff camber and still love it for...haulin ass on packed pow and firm days, poppin from edge to edge; also got a rockered nose, flat mid and cam tail which works well for deeper poo days and riding the groomer back to the chair; and started riding a skate banana, which is nice for the goofing the groomer days with firm packed and ice.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Camber will always be around. There was a reason it went so many years before it was challenged. Now there are so many different shapes that we can all get the action we want.
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote