Can anyone recommend a women's board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can anyone recommend a women's board?

Hey all!

My gf is just getting into boarding I would like to set her up with her on gear. Can any recommend a good beginners board that she can also grow into? Also, some boots and bindings? I know nothing about women's gear and what is available.

She is about 5'7", 130-135 lbs, and a 7-7.5 boot. Would like to keep everything around $500-$600.

So far I have checked out some of last years Good Wood winners, but again, I do not know enough about women's stuff to make a right decision. Hoping to get some advice from ppl who have been boarding a bit longer.

Thanks!!
jkc350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have a practically brand new Burton FeelGood ICS with Burton Stiletto bindings. I bought it for my girlfriend (who is a skiier), set it up with the best stuff, took it to the mountain and after 5-10 minutes on the bunny slope she caught a heel edge and thought she broke her ass bone and that was it.HEHE. She is about the same size as my girl but I forgot exactly what size the board is..maybe 156..155..I will have to check. Look them up on the web, after reading alot of reviews I thought this was the board to get. Also have brand new boots size 7 or 7 1/2. Its to bad, but she is staying with two planking. Let me know if you are interested and I can get the exact size and send some pic's.
skramr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skramr View Post
I have a practically brand new Burton FeelGood ICS with Burton Stiletto bindings. I bought it for my girlfriend (who is a skiier), set it up with the best stuff, took it to the mountain and after 5-10 minutes on the bunny slope she caught a heel edge and thought she broke her ass bone and that was it.HEHE. She is about the same size as my girl but I forgot exactly what size the board is..maybe 156..155..I will have to check. Look them up on the web, after reading alot of reviews I thought this was the board to get. Also have brand new boots size 7 or 7 1/2. Its to bad, but she is staying with two planking. Let me know if you are interested and I can get the exact size and send some pic's.
thanks, but I think I want to stay away from the Burton channel system and 3-hole binding attachments.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Why?? Burton channel system is sweet (ICS)
Old 12-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Why?? Burton channel system is sweet (ICS)
I dont know...I am just not a big Burton person. They make great stuff, but I don't want her to be "stuck" with the ICS or 3-hole.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have Burton stilettos on it that are not est. For Burton ICS systems you can run any binding you want, all you have to do is get a universal disc for the ICS system and mount the binding the traditional way. Very easy to adjust and make changes if needed. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I have Burton stilettos on it that are not est. For Burton ICS systems you can run any binding you want, all you have to do is get a universal disc for the ICS system and mount the binding the traditional way. Very easy to adjust and make changes if needed. Just my 2 cents.
thanks for the info! I will keep it in mind...in the mean time...looking for other options as well!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I can't recommend the Feelgood for a beginner - it's too stiff. And Stiletto bindings are total crap for what you pay. They were my first bindings and they hit the trash after just a few days. Sorry dude.

She would probably be most comfortable on a board between 147 and 151, depending on the type of board, where you'll be riding most, and her riding style.

What kind of snow will your girl be riding?

Some boards to check out:
Romy Vinyl
K2 Luna or Lunatique
Capita Space Metal Fantasy
Gnu B-nice
Roxy Ollie Pop
Bataleon Distortia
Never Summer Pandora
Ride Compact
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Oh, and bindings. The Ride Vxn is a good mid-range binding.

Others that are a bit more expensive, but can be found on sale:
Burton Lexa
Rome Madison (my favorites!)
K2 Virtue
K2 Auto Agogo
Union Trilogy
Union Milan

As for boots, just have her try a bunch on. Get her what fits the best. I have been very happy with my Salomons, but there are a lot of great boots out there.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

this is the one i got my lady..