Board Setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Erod

Default Board Setup

hey guys, i'm working out the details on a new setup and need some opinions.

First off i'm 5'11", 145 lbs. w/ size 10 boots

i spent about half my time in the park and half on freeride, so i'm looking at getting a board that will perform in the park, but hold its own on the steeps.

I'm currently looking at the Gnu Rider's Choice 157.5 MTX w/ Rome Targa bindings, and i already have burton moto boots which seem fine.

Other decks i considered were the Illuminati Hybrid Conspiracy and i liked the NS Premiere as well.
Any opinons? is the Gnu too park oriented? thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

gnu wont be too park oriented, but your current choice is too big. i wish they had an inbetweener size but i'd more recommend the 153. since you are already on board with the mtx, why not bump up to the lib banana tech. The real magic of the rocker comes to people that ride like you, spend half the time in the park and the other half elsewhere. that is literally the definition of the trs banana, and it comes in the perfect size for you, 154. I would also recommend the rome agent in 154 or the santa cruz perfect 11 in 154. i say 154 cause thats the in between size for your weight. for pure park you'd ride around a 151 and for pure freeride, about a 157.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Erod

the rome agent looks pretty sweet, i had noticed that one before and heard pretty good things about rome. the i actually demo'd the lib tech skate banana, but there was a huge amount of powder and i couldnt really tell for sure about it. 157 is too big?
Old 01-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

like i said, 157 is too big for an everything board, if you were strictly hitting steep and deep it would work well.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Erod

the riders choice actually comes in a 154.5 cm size, so you think i should go with that then? also, how do the targas compare to the 390's? are the targas worth the extra cash?

anyone else have an idea?
Old 01-30-2008, 06:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

157 to big? i'm about the same specs as erod. i ride a gnu 158 vertigo. i ride half park and the other half bombing down trails. i feel 158 is perfect.

my buddy rides a 154. when i strap his board on i feel like i'm riding a dam skateboard.
apintojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Erod

Quote:
Originally Posted by apintojr View Post
157 to big? i'm about the same specs as erod. i ride a gnu 158 vertigo. i ride half park and the other half bombing down trails. i feel 158 is perfect.

my buddy rides a 154. when i strap his board on i feel like i'm riding a dam skateboard.
yeah I just got off the phone with a guy from gnu and he recommended the 157 as well. Just gotta figure out which bindings to go with. Everyone seems to love both targas and the 390's, anyone have any idea which would be better considering my type of riding?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crazy Max

I have similiar stats: 5'11, 153lbs, size 9, and ride a Forum Seeker Pro 156 for park (jumps, half-pipe) and freeriding. It's hard to get something that will be good all-around, because you have to make sacrifices somewhere-whether it's in size, tuning, or flex pattern. Thus, why I have 3 snowboards lol.