Arbor A-Frame vs. Arbor Abacus - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Arbor A-Frame vs. Arbor Abacus

Hey Guys,

Need some of Advice, I'm about to purchase a new snowboard, I'm debating b/w the Arbor A-Frame 2011 or the Arbor Abacus 2011. I weight 195, 5' 10'', boot size is 12, an intermediate boarder, Freeride terrain. I take 2 trips a year, one on the east coast the other out west. I'm really interested in the A-Frame, but worried about my boot size, also like the Abacus, but concerned with east coast riding (groomed, icy). Thank you for your input !

UNCPT
UNCPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

the abacus is more of a powder board. so that wouldn't be at the top of my list if i were you. the a-frame is a great freeride board. as far as your boot size, it would depend on your stance angles and your actual boots. i ride a 161 element with a stance of +15/-12 without any problem. i'm wearing a 12.5 salomon f22, which is a low profile boot. if your angles are more like +15/0 and you don't have low profile boots, you might want to look at the arbor roundhouse. it's the wide version of the element, which is a great all around board. if you were considering the abacus for powder, i'd look at the element rx (their reverse camber element). it would probably be a better all around board.
vote4pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the Advice, I ride +21/-12, spoke with customer service at Arbor and they said the A-Frame should work out fine, given my angles and a low profile boot. Thanks
UNCPT is offline   Reply With Quote