Gnu riders choice, Palmer burn..... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gnu riders choice, Palmer burn.....

Looking for some advise!! I purchased a new lib tech skate banana this fall in 159 wide. I am 5'11 and 195 and wear a burton ion 11.5 boot. My ability would be a advanced beginner. I live in Ct.(ice) and head up to Vt quite often. I would like to pick up a board that would be better suited for the larger mountains. The skate banana is a blast at the local smaller slopes. I am into pretty much cruising the mountain. I have been looking at the Gnu Riders Choice, Palmer Burn and the Jones Mountain Twin. I would like a board that will carve but with not too much camber so to make it catch edges easily. Let me know what you think. Thanks
skramr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

There are a ton of all mountain rocker boards that will do what your are looking for. I would add the k2 turbo dream, ride machete, the wide version of the lib tech TRS ( I think it's the skunk ape),lib techs jamie lyn phoenix, burtons custom, burtons sherlock.

But if you are just cruising the mountain and not going at very high speeds or not trying to do extreme carves, I don't see whats wrong with the skate banana.
ylnad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the other options of boards. So far this has been a great experience learning to snowboard!!! The only drawback is everyone knows the "feel" they are looking for in a board, just trying to find it is the bitch. LOL. So many brands and its difficult to pick a board off of reviews and looking at them in shops.
skramr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You should be fine on that board for all mountain, I see guys that rip all the time on those all over the mountain.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote