Board was stolen - what should I buy? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board was stolen - what should I buy?

Whats up guys, new to the forum here.

Let me start off by saying that I recently had my setup taken from me this past week at Camelback in PA. The punks got away with an '08 K2 Titan 163 with a pair of K2 Auto Bindings. I loved the way this set up rode and looked.

Anyway, I'm looking to pick up a new board and bindings soon because I am going to VT for a week at the end of this month and NEED something soon. I have been riding for about 6-7 years now mainly on the east coast groomers and some occasional powder in VT when I visit every year. I rarely see the park, but I'll hit some jumps every now and then.

I should also mention that I'm 6'3", 215lbs - lean, size 12 boot. I have narrowed it down to a few boards but I am open to suggestions. Most of the shops around here in DE are wiped out but I did manage to find a Never Summer Legacy in stock, size 163. I was also looking at maybe the new Slayblade but heard bad things about the wide board for a guy my size or maybe a Ride Highlife?

Jon
LightninSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

I also live in the east & I ride a Legacy 159. I don't have any complaints about this board, it's awesome, great for what youre doing.
HUNT24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Legacy is supposed to be a great board. After all, it's just a wide SL which everyone says is the one of the best free ride boards out there.

And what year is your Lightning? Badass trucks
FtCS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

unbelievable that someone would steal your board...

Sometimes I get nervous when i set my board on the rack and run inside for food/restroom or something.

Does anyone lock their gear down, or do you just trust?
Pobshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah, I ALWAYS lock my board but my cheap Dakine cable lock had just broken the last time I was out and I didn't pick up a new one yet. I got separated from the group I was with and ended up at a smaller bottom lodge. I ran in to grab a Gatorade real quick, literally took 1 min, came back out and it was gone. I didn't see anyone running away with it or anything. I ran through the parking lot and checked for people tryin to leave in a hurry and checked the back of all the pick-up trucks. Nothing...

Anyway, I picked up a Dakine Cam lock for when I get a new board.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

I will always put my board in a coral if it is avalible. I am very reluctant to leaving it on the rack. My friends make fun of me for it but rather safe thn sorry!
SHREDDER97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtCS4 View Post
Legacy is supposed to be a great board. After all, it's just a wide SL which everyone says is the one of the best free ride boards out there.

And what year is your Lightning? Badass trucks
Not to hijack my own thread but the Lightning is a '99 - 410 rwhp, 530 rwtq

Jon

Last edited by LightninSVT; 01-03-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Nice numbers! Those 5.4s are beasts. Wish they had put that in the 03/04 Cobra but the 4.6 was still pretty nasty in those
FtCS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightninSVT View Post
Whats up guys, new to the forum here.

Let me start off by saying that I recently had my setup taken from me this past week at Camelback in PA. The punks got away with an '08 K2 Titan 163 with a pair of K2 Auto Bindings. I loved the way this set up rode and looked.

Anyway, I'm looking to pick up a new board and bindings soon because I am going to VT for a week at the end of this month and NEED something soon. I have been riding for about 6-7 years now mainly on the east coast groomers and some occasional powder in VT when I visit every year. I rarely see the park, but I'll hit some jumps every now and then.

I should also mention that I'm 6'3", 215lbs - lean, size 12 boot. I have narrowed it down to a few boards but I am open to suggestions. Most of the shops around here in DE are wiped out but I did manage to find a Never Summer Legacy in stock, size 163. I was also looking at maybe the new Slayblade but heard bad things about the wide board for a guy my size or maybe a Ride Highlife?

Jon
The legacy gets extremely wide at 163, it has a 26.9 waist width. You shouldn't need a board to be that wide with a size 12 boot.
ylnad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

I saw that the 161 had a 26.5 waist, which is exactly what my Titan 163 was. I would probably prefer the 161 but a local shop has the 163. Do you think the 163 NS would ride that much different than my K2 Titan?

If I ordered online, wheres the best place to order a NS board? Directly from their site or somewhere else?