never summer evo or sl - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default never summer evo or sl

which of these boards are build for an around rider??? is the sl stance set back ??
i wanna try a never summer this season and was wondering which of the two would best suit me an all around rider
thanks
oh and im a size 9 boot so dont need a wide
Sii315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

The SL is geared towards all-mountain riders. Most people on this forum adore the SL and have nothing but great things to say about it. I myself am in the process of buying one, so I have no actual experience with the board. If you plan on getting into jibbing/rails you might want to look elsewhere.

The Evo is more of a park-oriented board, if you see yourself spending a lot of time there it could be a solid choice. Won't handle as well all over the mountain but I'm sure it's not that bad, especially for the average rider.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

I wanted to get an SL but I ended up with Evo. The Evo might not be a good all around but being my first real board I doubt I'm going to notice or care.
iTz Nicholas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

i ride my evo everywhere. while it might not be AS good as the SL for some things. it does just fine for me everywhere on the mountain. and its a great park board.

and yes i believe the SL stance is SLIGHTLY set back.
Cros1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

okay cool im more into just finding natural objects to jump off of and kickers...i do as well go into da park about 50% of the time so yea...i was wondering if i can get a bigger evo then my traditional park board like about a 153 and im 5'8 165 lbs would that be a good idea ?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have the 2010 EVO-R... I def can ride it all over the mountain down blue blacks etc... It def is not as stable when up on speed.. You def do get chatter bc it has less dampening. but after you ride it you get use to it and are comfortable with the high speeds and the chatter.. I def would not say "I dont feel safe" at high speeds. I feel in total control. If your looking to get into the park go for the evo it can handle the whole mtn
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

so should i go bigger then my other park board since i do wanna take it all over ? and its da same one u have
Old 01-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have '10 Evo 153 and I'm 5'10 160lbs.
It handles fine even at speed once you get used to it - much better than I expected for a park board. You may want to go for 155 for all mountain, but then maybe you'd be better off with SL since you have a dedicated park board already?
wasaskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCboarder View Post
I have the 2010 EVO-R... I def can ride it all over the mountain down blue blacks etc... It def is not as stable when up on speed.. You def do get chatter bc it has less dampening. but after you ride it you get use to it and are comfortable with the high speeds and the chatter.. I def would not say "I dont feel safe" at high speeds. I feel in total control. If your looking to get into the park go for the evo it can handle the whole mtn
This. I have the Revolver which is a wide Evo and I ride it everywhere. I actually rarely go into the park, but I got a really good deal on it at the end of last season when I was looking for an SL so I bought it. Haven't been disappointed at all. Like he said above, you do get some chatter at really high speeds, but you get used to it really quick and after that it's a non-issue.
FtCS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

i dont really care for the chatter since i rarely ever go at such high speeds...i hardly ever comedown a black so i think i made up my mind and im going with da evo in a 153...i was gonna get one from this site but da dude just sold it about an hour ago =/