Quick question... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 09:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Quick question...

ok i asked before but i just want to double check with you guys.
Im 5'10 165... i wear 10.5 size boots.. i board freeride basicly.. riding the mountain looking for natural features. im thinking about doing park soon but im still not very good... i use to ride 15/0 regular im going into duck stance my next outting...

question is.. i found a board for a good price.. burton blunt.. 155
is this 2 short for my size? and how will a shorter board effect my riding... im on a 158 now in north east.. never any powder just hard park and fake ish...
thanks
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2008, 11:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

155 is fine for you, though the blunt is a soft board, designed mainly for park. if you want something more torward the whole mountain (including park) would be the rome agent, lib banana tech (trs, or skate), k2 believer, or burton custom. all something around 154-156.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

cant carve well with this board? why is to much flex bad? im not good enough to bomb down the hill yet
Old 01-31-2008, 02:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you wont be able to carve like you would with a stiffer more freeride oriented board. sitffer boards hold lines better. and since the board is more park oriented, the sidecut radius is a little begger which means the board wont turn as sharp. it will actually be a great board for a beginner becuase of the flex, it makes the board more forgiving helping someone learn. thats why when you first start, you get a size that you would use if you were going to the park. ultimately when you get good enough, you'll be able to use almost any board anywhere, only the extremes of boards wont work everywhere: the www or artifact will be very difficult to use in the steep and deep and any super directional or pintail will be very difficult to use in the park.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you for your input.. i am still a beginer i can carve up the greens but when it comes to the blues i have a little trouble committing .. from what you guys are saying i think this board would be good for 2 seasons on the priste. the flex may help me feel more comfy on a board and in turn, allow me to commit to steeper faster riding.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

just for a follow-up.. i got the 158 burton blunt.. and have rode duckstance on it the past 2 days. and i love it .. i have no complaints about the board or the duck stance i love it! i feel i have so much control over the board.. and for the blue runs.. i can rip them up now, =)
Old 02-11-2008, 08:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
155 is fine for you, though the blunt is a soft board, designed mainly for park. if you want something more torward the whole mountain (including park) would be the rome agent, lib banana tech (trs, or skate), k2 believer, or burton custom. all something around 154-156.
NOTE: this thread is about to go off on a tangent.
My housemate has a Custom. It's a good all-mountain deck, but I would NEVER take it near a park, and wouldn't advise anyone else too, either. Way too stiff, IMHO.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don't want to completely disagree.. But I take my 01/02 Custom into the park strictly for the larger table tops and kickers. While its not the best option it has helped with getting the speed I needed to get over some of the larger table tops and not flatting out.

But yes, if you haven't been riding a custom for years, its not the best approach to just hit the park with it.

I just picked up a Never Summer EVO for my park needs.
nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerve View Post
I don't want to completely disagree.. But I take my 01/02 Custom into the park strictly for the larger table tops and kickers. While its not the best option it has helped with getting the speed I needed to get over some of the larger table tops and not flatting out.

But yes, if you haven't been riding a custom for years, its not the best approach to just hit the park with it.
Yeah, I just that meant that in ref to over-all park riding. Custom is not that good of a rail/jib/butter board becuase of its stiffness...but that very same thing makes it stabl(er) for big-ass kickers and the such....I just wouldn't recomend it for an "all-park" board.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedition View Post
Yeah, I just that meant that in ref to over-all park riding. Custom is not that good of a rail/jib/butter board becuase of its stiffness...but that very same thing makes it stabl(er) for big-ass kickers and the such....I just wouldn't recomend it for an "all-park" board.
Agreed. I didn't mean to really disagree. I just wanted to state my own personal use of the board. I'm new btw, so I saw you've been a frequent poster so I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.
nerve is offline   Reply With Quote