Help Choosing Burton Custom or Custom X - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help Choosing Burton Custom or Custom X

I've been trying to decide between a Burton Custom and a Custom X. I'm 5'9" and 145 pounds. Size 11.5 boots. I've been riding for about 4 years now and I want to upgrade my setup and try something new. I usually freeride but I want to start getting into jumps and what not. Which one should I get?
dlam1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

The custom and custom x are 2 completely different boards. Besides price the custom x is an extremely stiff unforgiving board. With that being said if you know how to ride it is an excellent board, mainly for freeriding. It is a very fast board and carves like no other, it holds an edge extremely well. It is definitely not a park board, pretty much the worst one you could buy for rails and such. It is good if you are only hitting jumps though, i do quite fine on mine. The custom on the other hand, i have no real experience with so i cant really comment on it, however you may want to do a search, i seem to remember seeing one or two of these threads before.
Lyndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

I ride a custom and I love it. It carves amazingly, not as well as the x, but still really well. Also I find it really solid on jumps, and can even do the odd bit of grinding. All in all I love the custom. Go out and try one, it's worth demoing.
kedvaledrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

what bindings should I run on the Custom?
dlam1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

I currently ride a custom x with cartel est bindings. Listen to Lyndo when he says the CX is stiff and unforgiving. Don't expect to jib or butter on it either. I made the mistake of believing it was a kill it all board. That being said, it excels in freeride and jumps. I usually bomb the mountain. Sharp edge hold and extremely fast board. I had to adapt my riding style to it, but if you can handle the X and dont jib at all, go for it.
myst1calblu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If the Custom you are buying has ICS, then get the Restricted Malavita EST bindings. Awesome bindings and one of the only Burton bindings that I actually like.

http://www.snowboards.net/snowboards...snowboards.net
Old 01-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

I have an 09 custom 154 with ICS and large Cartel bindings up for grabs if your interested PM me! (or look in the BST forum)
bmoney is offline   Reply With Quote