Base Bevel on my board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 12:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Base Bevel on my board?

my board came with a sticker that basically just said the basic stats. I have a Rossignol Storm Mid-Wide. Was wondering what the typical base bevel is on these types of boards. Advertised as all mountain with a stiffer nose and softer tail, if that helps.

I want to maintain my edge but not sure what edge it came with. I live in the east (pittsburgh) and all of the blue and black slopes are usually , at their steepest, covered in solid ice with some snow cone material on top to lessen the dread. But, we have alot of the flat areas covered in 'snow' that has ice under it and more of that snow cone material on top. We do get our packed powder days, but always remember what is underneath and not to over commit near trees/ice er snow making equipment!

suggestions? Looks like they detuned my edges slightly at the factory. The contact points are buff down, then after that I could scrap my nail and get shavings. Now though, I have to push a little harder to get that and in some spots get nothing so I think it is time.

How often should you sharpen in these kinds of conditions?

I just found out that I probably should have already waxed my board. I have white showing on the edges and at the very edges its getting a bit fuzzy in spots. I went through alot of icey steeper (for me) riding yesterday soooo

thanks

Last edited by Sincraft; 01-05-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Better to ask a Rossi factory person.

In general, All mountain boards are 1 degree base bevel.
Side could be 1 or 2 , depending on the manufacturer. 2 grips better on ice.
nimbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

do you or anyone know how to get ahold of one? I tried looking at their website for info, they have ZERO info on past boards or any type of 'tech' support that I can see. All support questions just divert one back to the rossi site, which again doesn't have any info
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

A local shop may have the tools to check this quickly. See Tognar for two methods for checking bevel angles. I confirmed that my NS has 0 degree base bevel using a nice straightedge.
Psi-Man is offline   Reply With Quote