Ordering a Never Summer Raptor - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
You

Question Ordering a Never Summer Raptor

I'm ready to order a NS Raptor and I just wanted a couple suggestions...

First: I have a size 11 Burton Driver X boot, should I go for the Raptor or Raptor X?

Second: My last board was a camber board and 162CM, I'm 6'2" and 250lbs, what size Raptor should I be looking at?
You is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you liked that length, get it again? Can't say I'm sure what's to debate on that one

As far as width goes, figure out the width of your current board and the width of the Raptor, and bam, you should find your answer without having to be fed it.
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

What are you angles? You are pretty close to the limit of the regular raptor, but you can probably do it depending on angles. Either way, you should be on the 164/165.

The Never Summer SL-R is the best all mountain board I have been on... Ever.
Buy it... Ride it... Love it...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Depending on what and where he rides a 62 could be perfectly fine for his weight
Old 01-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Raptor -164 @25.3

Raptor x -161 @26.3
-165 @26.8

I'd go with the x. Cause its built for bigger dudes in general. It all depends if you wanna go longer or pretty much the same length.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

at 250lbs, you should definitely be on a 164. I am 175 and I got myself a 159 Raptor, just got it yesterday, haven't had a chance to test it out yet.
ScBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

6'1" and ~225lbs w/ size 12. Went with the Raptor X 169. I've been around 250-255lbs and wouldn't go less than a 164 or 165 for a freeride/all mountain board. The NS wide boards don't really seem that wide to me and Raptor X is quick edge to edge, so I'd lean towards the X.
SJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
If you liked that length, get it again? Can't say I'm sure what's to debate on that one

As far as width goes, figure out the width of your current board and the width of the Raptor, and bam, you should find your answer without having to be fed it.
I asked only because the Raptor is RC and not just camber. I liked the 162 but would prefer to go long in length than shorter.

I can't find the width of the board by the bindings, only the waist width so the comparison is a little hard.
You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Waist width is probably going to be the best you're going to find unless you call NS up. I don't know the width at the bindings but you can find it for sure...

And everyone claims rockers ride so much bigger, bla bla bla... It's not some night and day difference.. You know what you ride and should be able to pick the right size for yourself

Don't worry much about the difference in length when going from camber and r/c. It's a small difference
Old 01-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
Waist width is probably going to be the best you're going to find unless you call NS up. I don't know the width at the bindings but you can find it for sure...

And everyone claims rockers ride so much bigger, bla bla bla... It's not some night and day difference.. You know what you ride and should be able to pick the right size for yourself

Don't worry much about the difference in length when going from camber and r/c. It's a small difference
Completely agree I do! My first rc board was the first gen TRS BTX it was only available in a 154 or 159... I was told I would be fine on a 154 because rc floats so much better and rides much bigger... It was too short and is now my goof around/early season board. BTW, I'm 5'5" 170-175lbs...
danm is offline   Reply With Quote