board help, camber vs. rocker? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
board help, camber vs. rocker?

I've been riding an old camber board for years now and it's finally cracked. I'm looking into a new board and I'm trying to decide whether or not I should go for rocker or some combination. I love the pop of camber and the power you get, I'm worried about a rocker board being to soft. I was checking out the t.rice c2btx which sounds like one of the stiffer reverse camber boards out there, any suggestions?

Also for the t.rice I was looking at the 157. I'm 6', 170 lbs. size 10.5 boots, should I go for the 161.5 instead? I was thinking I might prefer the blunt shape just incase I ever venture out of the trees and into the park.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I am a fan of the camber/rocker combo. The T Rice has the C2 which is rocker between the feet and camber under the bindings. It is a playful ride but I actually prefer the opposite configuration such as the Rossi Angus. This board as well as the NS lines of rocker combo have traditional camber between the feet with rocker tip and tail.
Never Summer uses rocker between the feet and camber under the bindings, like Lib Tech. Rossignol is similar to Jones, Yes, Nidecker, and Ride (Hybrid ProRize only).
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
I prefer the NS, Lib versions of rocker/camber. Rocker between the feet and camber at the tip/tail. The main reason is you can load the tail for ollies and jumping in general. You also get the playful ride of rocker, but get that camber dig when you need it most. Deep turns, that sort of thing.

To each his own though. They are all variations of the same game. The hybrid combos are the way to go.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

The reason I was looking at the lib tech c2 shape is because it gives you the benefit of rocker when you're bombing groomers, what they say is that the rockered shape follows the curve of the turn so that helps, is that true?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

and the t.rice is just about the stiffest you can go right?
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
T.Rice is one of Lib's stiffest boards. On the grand spectrum of boards, it is far from the stiffest. Ride High Life and Custom X are just two examples that are stiffer.

T.Rice is awesome though. Didn't have any issues with stability. I'd do the 157 for your size.

http://www.snowboards.net/snowboards...snowboards.net

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

I'm not sure I want the directional flex of the low pro on the highlife, and then the custom x is just camber and it sounds like there are some benefits to the rocker.
Leo, have you ridden the trice?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I wasn't really recommending the Highlife for Custom X for you. Just examples of flex.

I did ride the T.Rice and loved every second of it. One of the reasons why I didn't get one is because of the flex. I just wasn't looking for something that stiff.

Fast, stable, and poppy. Excellent all-mountain board. Just too stiff for freestyle in my opinion.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

what about some of the never summer boards, have you tried them?
I was thinking maybe the premier f1
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I haven't tried any NeverSummer boards. Plenty of people have here though so I'm sure information will be aplenty.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode