Heritage or SL - This is a Tough Decision? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Heritage or SL - This is a Tough Decision?

So here's the basics:
160lbs / 5'11" / Size 10 Boot /
Beginner -> Intermediate
All Mountain (Freestyle 75% / Freeride & Park 25%)

I finally had the opportunity to buy my own board after a couple of years of renting & demoing. I knew I wanted a Never Summer board but I was struggling with choosing the SL or the Heritage. I read a bunch of reviews online as here but unfortunately, they both sound like great boards so it's hard to rule one or the other out.

I ended up buying a Heritage from a local shop earlier this week but accidentally grabbed the Heritage X... Grrr! When I went back they were out of the regular Heritage in the 155. Locally I could only find an SL in 155 so I started doing some more thinking & of course I'm back to square one without a board & not sure which board to get again haha!

I have since located a Heritage in the 155 directly through NS since they're local & was just needing some further recommendations before I pull the trigger on either board in the next few days.

I love just taking playful line down the mountain and catching air of of natural features. I just recently got more interested in doing some tricks & hitting the terrain park (but I'm a total newb in this area). I also usually go up with a bunch of skiers so I make the occasional black diamond runs etc. Thanks in advance!

**EDIT: See Page 4 for tons of sweet pics & the answer to what I choose**

Last edited by -ND4SPD-; 01-14-2011 at 09:27 PM.
-ND4SPD- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Sounds like you want the SL a little more forgiving and should allow for better progression in the park.
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Get the Heritage. It's the most well balanced board I've ever ridden, by far. The SL may prove slightly to soft and damp on bigger lines, and the Heritage will play in the park.

I've got about 20 days on my Heritage and it's been the funnest board I've ever ridden.... I sold my Capita Horrorscope, kept my Capita Black Death and picked up the Heritage. The Black Death is severely neglected now..

Trust me when I say the Heritage can do anything, and do it better then a lot of boards specialized for whatever style of riding it is.
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't have any experience riding either board, but your riding style sounds pretty similar to mine and I am set on picking up an SL. I just had surgery so I'm mainly thinking about next season, but either way the SL is sexy.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Get the SL. You won't be flexing it as much as people that weigh alot more, so you'll be fine.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't see how you guys can be recommending the SL over the Heritage when he hardly rides any park...

Makes no sense to me to recommend the more park oriented board when he rarely does it.
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
I don't see how you guys can be recommending the SL over the Heritage when he hardly rides any park...

Makes no sense to me to recommend the more park oriented board when he rarely does it.
"I love just taking playful line down the mountain and catching air of of natural features. I just recently got more interested in doing some tricks & hitting the terrain park"
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post

The SL is all mountain, Heritage sounds like it will be to stiff for his needs. He'd be fine with either one.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hehe... See, it's not an easy decision. Ultimately it's my choice but the opinions & feedback are helpful. Keep it coming!
-ND4SPD- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm at this crossroads too.

I was dead set on a Heritage until last night I came across a thread saying that the Heritage has some quirks that take some getting used to. I'm not a beginner by any means, but it made me a little cautious to drop 540 bucks on it. Any chance someone from Denver/Front Range area would let me take theirs for a spin if we could be on the same mountain at the same time? Would be willing to leave some cash in your hand if you're worried about a theft or you could just ride my Revolver if I still have it at that point.
FtCS4 is offline   Reply With Quote