Skate Banana vs. Attack Banana - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Skate Banana vs. Attack Banana

Hello I've narrowed my search for my first board down to these 2 Lib Tech Boards. The Skate Banana and the Attack Banana. I'm leaning to getting the Attack Banana right now because I like the idea of the Rocker+Camber idea and reviews say its better than the SB in the Powder. Once I have chosen what board to get and actually get it i'll be starting off just riding groomers and a little park but when I get used to the board and feel comfortable on it I plan on hitting the park full on.

My school teacher is a huge powder rider and half the class rides or ski's so the class is thinking about going to Nelson B.C. for some powder skiing sometime, so thats why I want to be able to ride powder. And since I live near 5 medium to large sized mountains within 2 hours drive and 2 of the mountains having regular powder days I'll be hitting some powder.

I live in Vancouver B.C. so my snow will be fake, ice, slush, hard packed powder and light West coast powder. I'm 16 years old, 120lbs and 6' tall and very skinny. I have a shoe size of 11 but my shoes have a 1/2'' to 1'' of space between toes and tip of shoe so I'll probably be getting a 10 - 10.5 Boot size. I haven't looked into boots yet but will be soon.

I probably won't be riding the board much this season so the main bulk of my riding will start next season so I'm probably going to get a 156 sized board. at my local shop they say I should be riding a 154 but since I will probably grow in the offseason I don't want to have a small board next season. My bro is 18 and 6' 5" so I probably will grow a few more inches.

So my main question is What board is better for my style of riding, the Skate Banana or Attack Banana.

If you want more info i'll do my best to answer it.
swisscosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 03:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Well, its hard to say really. I have a banana and I feel it is an awesome board in powder and I really got to my next level getting it and riding it. I haven't ridden the attack banana so I really can't say because I really don't know. My bros Travis Rice is a normal camber board and its pretty cool as well. It is not as "loose" as the skate banana.

If you can, try them both out. If in doubt, all I can say is the banana is an awesome board. But then again, the C2 tech sound really great as well. Hehe, I'm no big help really huh?
ev13wt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm not that suprised that you or many people haven't ridden the Attack Banana as its a late release this year but the ino on the skate banana just makes me believe that the SB is a good board.

The guys at my local shop say the only difference between the Attack banana and Skate banana is that the AB has the rocker/camber combo and the ec2 technology.
swisscosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

The 'Attack' seems more all mountainish than the skate. You can't go wrong with hybrid camber in my opinion. I just got a NS Revolver/Evo and the 'Attack' appears to be compariable to that(at least on paper). I'd go for the 'Attack', as it will be more versatile.
Zapatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The weird thing about the attack banana is that it gets the extruded TNT base where the SB gets the Sintered base. It's almost like the Attack is a TRS in disguise.

2011 Smokin Buck Ferton 155
2013 Flow NX2-SE
2013 Flow Hylite boa
Burton Stagger pants/jacket
Smith I/O
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

I am pretty sure the AB is Sintered and not Extruded.

And Rocker/Camber combos, as in this E2 tech, is legit.
jgsqueak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
The weird thing about the attack banana is that it gets the extruded TNT base where the SB gets the Sintered base. It's almost like the Attack is a TRS in disguise.
It might just be...what does elliptical camber even mean? It all sounds like marketing BS to me. I'd be curious to see how EC2 differs from C2 on a side by side profile comparison.
L3mnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the AB does have an extruded base, all libs with detailed multicolored base graphics require the use of the clear TNT extruded base as the graphics are a separate layer under the base. I have been happy with the performance of my TNT extruded base on my snow mullet. the change to Ec2 compared to c2 is because of the patent dispute between neversummer and mervin. Neversummers camber in the RC is radial where then Ec2 starts with a sharper radius and then mellows out.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

My understanding is that instead of it being symmetrical camber from the bindings out it is asymmetrical. The camber is more positive towards the bindings and less pronounced as you move towards the tail. Translation: More powerful and stable ollie power (think really loading the tail) and level float in powder. The positive camber in C2 with (after the board floats and levels out) will start to push the nose back down...creating that bouncing effect. Remember having to get way back on your camber board in pow? The mellow E2 camber will help the board stay planed on the snow and maintain speed (unlike rocker in the tail).

Is it marketing? Maybe. Haven't ridden it yet.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walove View Post
the change to Ec2 compared to c2 is because of the patent dispute between neversummer and mervin. Neversummers camber in the RC is radial where then Ec2 starts with a sharper radius and then mellows out.
What other lash back do you think there will be? I was with Kevin Addy from Flow when the patent hit...I will just say it was a little intense. I wonder what other brands are going to work around it...or just pay NS?