I need Some Help and Suggestions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I need Some Help and Suggestions

Hey guys, been doing nauseating amounts of research on what board to buy. I was really considering getting a never summer, because of the RC tech, and also the sweeet 3 year warranty on their SL and evo. Struggling between the evo/sl choice. But i went to to a local snow shop, and they don't sell them (i wasn't surprised though.) the guy at the shop was trying to sell me on a lib tech board, the Lib Tech TRS C2BTX. Magnetraction sounds awesome and the it is a camber/reverse camber hybrid just like the NS boards. I told him I wanted something that I could use anywhere and everywhere. I live in NY so all you can really do is ride park, but i told him that i wanted something that would keep stable if i wanted to bomb a trail. And be able to handle some ice, because theres so much of it here too. He said that board should be able to handle anything, BUT, 650 is a too steep for me. I really didn't want to go over 500, which is already a lot for me to be spending. So if you guys don't mind giving me some suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. I want a board that is gonna be able to go anywhere on the mountain, but also not cost me an arm and a leg.

Sidenote - I am 5'9" and weigh 165 pounds, and have a size 11.5 boot, should i opt for a wide board? or just stay standard and throw some risers under my bindings?

Last edited by TikeMereso; 01-06-2011 at 10:35 PM.
TikeMereso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 01:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You might check Ebay, I've seen some good Libs on there lately that had been ridin a few times go for good deals. I would also check out the GNU line, they are useally less than Libs and are made by the same company.

I can't comment on NS, but Lib's have the C2BTX dialed in, I was riding today and was stoked on my Lib

I would go wide unless you have a real duck stance.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstarrasl View Post
You might check Ebay, I've seen some good Libs on there lately that had been ridin a few times go for good deals. I would also check out the GNU line, they are useally less than Libs and are made by the same company.

I can't comment on NS, but Lib's have the C2BTX dialed in, I was riding today and was stoked on my Lib

I would go wide unless you have a real duck stance.
Depends on the board. He'll fit a 157 T.Rice fine.

http://www.snowboards.net/snowboards...snowboards.net

Edit: I just read that you do mainly park. The T.Rice isn't the best park board. It's stiff. It's great for jumps in the park though!

You should look into the GNU Carbon Credit (wallet friendly) or Park Pickle.

Last edited by Leo; 01-07-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

What do you guys think about the Nitro Team Gullwing, Rome Agent Rocker, and K2 Believer? Anyone have any experience with these?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikeMereso View Post
What do you guys think about the Nitro Team Gullwing, Rome Agent Rocker, and K2 Believer? Anyone have any experience with these?
If park is what you mainly have to work with/are interested in. I'd say look at the Skate Banana from Lib or the Park Pickle from GNU. Both in your price range. Both have rocker tech, but they're not Rocker/Camber combo. From what I've read, Rocker is more forgiving in general at the expense of hard downhill turns. Just something to ponder. If you're spending a lot of time in the park, I can't see a huge reason to go with R/C tech. Might as well go straight rocker and capitalize on what you've got to work with. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck!

Edit: My mistake, Skate Banana is R/C tech. I'd say go for that. Playfulness of a rocker but extra camber stability under yo toes!

Last edited by Nefarious; 01-07-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
My mistake, Skate Banana is R/C tech. I'd say go for that. Playfulness of a rocker but extra camber stability under yo toes!
No, Skate Banana is BTX. It's just rocker. C2BTX boards are R/C. The Banana Magic has a slight R/C to it, but they don't advertise it since it's not prominent enough to be a C2.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
No, Skate Banana is BTX. It's just rocker. C2BTX boards are R/C. The Banana Magic has a slight R/C to it, but they don't advertise it since it's not prominent enough to be a C2.
My mistake. Next time I'll just let someone answer who knows more than me.
Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hey guys, just figure I'd let you know that i was fishing around ebay to see if i could find any deals. I ended up snagging a new, with the stickers still on it, 2011 Forum Holy Moly for 380 bucks and free shipping, not exactly what I had in mind, but considering its a 500 dollar board and its still brand spankin new i figure i couldnt let it slip away. I've read a lot of people love it while some hate it, hopefully after a little time with it, it'll grow on me. I'll let you guys know later what I think of it.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

HeritageX 155 would suit you well.
Principal is offline   Reply With Quote