GNU Carbon Credit Series... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default GNU Carbon Credit Series...

Ive been looking at a 2011 GNU CC board... my local retailer just marked it down to under $300 CDN and after loosing my rome anthem off the roof of the car I knida want a new board.

Anyone have experiance with this board, ive searched high and low, here and all over the net, and I cant find some real first hand use of this board.

I know its a mervin mfg board and they are praised, and its reverse camber, with magna traction, but i would like tohear someone who has rode this board accounts of it.

Im an all mountian style rider, mainly groomers, some trees, and no park... too old to hang in there.

Im looking at the 156 version of this board.

Thanks

Bill
crazykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

i love my carbon credit 153...its a well balance board with banana rocker tech. and mag. traction extreamly hard to catch an edge which is amazing. the camber between da bindings also gives it a great amount of pop and da rocker makes it a real fun board...also base requires very low maintance and its also very fast...great board for its price. i think u would be highly impress and happy with your decision. it didnt win a good wood award for no reason
Sii315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sii315 View Post
i love my carbon credit 153...its a well balance board with banana rocker tech. and mag. traction extreamly hard to catch an edge which is amazing. the camber between da bindings also gives it a great amount of pop and da rocker makes it a real fun board...also base requires very low maintance and its also very fast...great board for its price. i think u would be highly impress and happy with your decision. it didnt win a good wood award for no reason
Thanks man... the more i read and look all i see is excellent reviews.

Im the type of person who wants to make sure i do my research before buying... and your post has pushed me closer to pulling the trigger.

thanks again for the reply.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

No Prob Man...i Love Da Board...i Thought I Got A Good Price On My Board For $340 And U Said U Can Get It For Under $300 Jump On That Dude
Old 01-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yea I got my wife a CC last year and she likes it a lot though she is still learning to ride. I figured it was a good board for her skills to grow into.
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

It's a very good board, I've progressed a lot off of my cambered carbon high beam. Where is it under $300CAD? Would like to see if they have a 151
hpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

I picked it up today... Ill add a review once I ride it tomorrow night.

A small local shop in Woodstock Ontario... And i think they did have a 151 there... Sale sticker was $299

Shops called pedal power bike and boards.
Pedal Power Bikes and Boards

The dont have a e-store or anything - but email or call them. The dudes name is Brian, and hes an awesome guy.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default Review...

So I took the board out to a local hill, and was blown away with the ride and responsiveness of the board.

I wasnt totally sold on the magna traction and reverse camber as I was thinking it was a great marketing ploy... but, im sold now. With the packed powder I was riding, it hooked well and the transitions from heel to toe seemed effortless.

I use to have a bit of wash out on my heel edge when turning hard, and that seems to be gone now too, its a more positive hooking feeling. Also, not once while riding it did i hook a edge, or even feel that I could accidently hook a edge.

Im never gonna say anything bad about my previousboard ( rome anthem 154 ) but I think the GNU CC is a better ride, and seems to do everything I was told it would.

Time will tell on the build quality and if it last as good as my Rome did... only reason I needed to replace the rome was a roof rack malfunction and highway speeds.

I recommend the GNU CC to anyone looking for a fun ride. I cant wait to spend more time on it, and even wanting to try riding a bit of ice on it...
Old 01-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

i told u man da board is sweet and so dope for da price...enjoy it dude
Old 01-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have the 2010 edition of this board. Magne-Traction rocks, especially for the normal conditions in Ontario (Read: Blue Mountain). I do find it a bit stiff but other then that awesome ride. I have some 2011 Mutants on it which mate well. Cheers,

-disco
disco is offline   Reply With Quote