Boards you hated - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Boards you hated

Within the last 3 years have you bought a board and regretted it? Looking around I have barely seen any bad reviews about any mid to high priced boards.

Who here bought a board that they really didn't like and had to get rid of it? Also please list what board that was.
ylnad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

well I bought forum destroyer 2009 model 2 years ago. Broke it like 2 weeks before the ending of warranty. Sent a letter and they didn't reply. So I am not probably going to buy forum boards anymore.
Matuuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matuuh View Post
well I bought forum destroyer 2009 model 2 years ago. Broke it like 2 weeks before the ending of warranty. Sent a letter and they didn't reply. So I am not probably going to buy forum boards anymore.
With the exception of durability issues, did you like how the board rode?
Old 01-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well tbh i can only compare it to burton fix and old nitro team (directional) it's a good board, but i definately prefer the Burton Fix, maybe because i prefer flat camber.
Matuuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

I bought a Santa Cruz duo last year and didn't care for it. I rode it 3 times and ended up selling it. I just didn't feel comfortable riding it switch at all.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

I didn't hate it, but was disappointed by last years SL. It wasn't stiff enough to really be an All Mountain board for me. I'm a big guy and should have gone with the Heritage. The SL will pop up for sale here shortly.
kingkoajmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The probable reason why you don't hear too many "this board sucks" reviews is because it is highly subjective. One man's trash of a board is another man's awesome stick.

There are plenty of boards that didn't tickle my pickle that I have demoed. I mostly avoid saying something is crap though. I'll say "this board just didn't suit me" or "I didn't really like this one" then go on to explain why.

I reserve "this board is crap" type comments for stuff like Rossignol rental boards, Sims, Lamar (although they are changing now), etc...
Old 01-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

There are so many question on which one of these boards should I get and I am just wondering how many people think they made the wrong decision. It just seems like once you narrow your choice down to 2-3 boards you almost can't go wrong. As long as your are looking for boards that are for your ridining style there doesn't seem to be much differece anymore.

I am seeing a lot of poeple coming back saying that their decision was great and the board ended up being perfect for them, but I would be very curious if their reaction would have been differnt if they choose one of the other boards on their list of options.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylnad123 View Post
There are so many question on which one of these boards should I get and I am just wondering how many people think they made the wrong decision. It just seems like once you narrow your choice down to 2-3 boards you almost can't go wrong. As long as your are looking for boards that are for your ridining style there doesn't seem to be much differece anymore.

I am seeing a lot of poeple coming back saying that their decision was great and the board ended up being perfect for them, but I would be very curious if their reaction would have been differnt if they choose one of the other boards on their list of options.
This is an excellent point. For people who have done their research (people like the riders you speak of on these very forums) and taken opinions from other riders and narrowed their search down, they most likely would end up being happy with any of the choices they had.

So I really do believe that the result would have been the same regardless of which board they went with so long as it was in the same category and suited their stats equally well.

Also, hype plays a huge role too. Not too long ago, the Skate Banana was very hyped. My curiosity was at its peak with this board. I finally got to ride it last season. After demoing it, I was all for it. I thought I loved it and it reflects in the video review I gave it. Then I hopped on boards like the Machete and Custom Flying-V. The Skate Banana wasn't all that I hyped myself into believing. It's not bad by any means, but just not as good as the hype made me believe.

I'm bringing the hype aspect up because that is what sort of happens with these "which board is best for me" threads. In reality, either would make them happy. But the fact that other people gave them a nudge in a certain direction creates this positive preconception of the board so they get that much more stoked when they finally ride it.

The current trend is NeverSummer. I haven't been on one yet, but because of this forum, I am soooooo ready to demo one.

I liken it to this... I've had cookies n creme ice cream before. My wife really hypes up this particular brand of it called Haagen Daaz (spelling?) and makes me really excited to try it. I end up loving it! But in the end, is it really that much better? I mean it is still ice cream with Oreos. That's not to say I haven't had crappy ice cream before though lol.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i demoed the Arbor Draft for a day, and didn't like it haha, actually i also demoed the arbor formula and that was prob the worst board i have ever ridden. I loved the Arbor westmark though, so i don't hate all arbor =)