need a park board but dont know where to start - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 05:18 PM
duke_fann

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
need a park board but dont know where to start

First off, i gotta admit ive been been reading this forum forever, but never posted, so here goes

So ive finally gotten over the whole beginner aspect of boarding and i find myself circling the park more and more often and feel its time to get myself a board more suited towards it.

I've looked over transworld and future's top board picks for the year and have really been eyeing up the K2 Darkstar. does anyone have any backround or know something about this paricular board?

But i am by no regards stuck on it, i have been looking at a few rome and GNU boards but arnt exactly sure which ones would be completely suited for me, so if someone could point me the right direction with those that'd be amazing.

Im about 6'1 and 230 ish and wear a 11 boots
Ill be using burton custom bindings alot with the new board

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_fann View Post
First off, i gotta admit ive been been reading this forum forever, but never posted, so here goes

So ive finally gotten over the whole beginner aspect of boarding and i find myself circling the park more and more often and feel its time to get myself a board more suited towards it.

I've looked over transworld and future's top board picks for the year and have really been eyeing up the K2 Darkstar. does anyone have any backround or know something about this paricular board?

But i am by no regards stuck on it, i have been looking at a few rome and GNU boards but arnt exactly sure which ones would be completely suited for me, so if someone could point me the right direction with those that'd be amazing.

Im about 6'1 and 230 ish and wear a 11 boots
Ill be using burton custom bindings alot with the new board

thanks!

the rome anthem. its stiffer and since your a bigger dude will respond better.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 09:55 PM
duke_fann

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrwilco View Post
the rome anthem. its stiffer and since your a bigger dude will respond better.
ive never seen that board before, im really considering it now

any other insights?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
if money isnt an option, the rome mod. its new this season, and is a stiffer park board. my friend has one and its pretty sick.

also check out a never summer evo. never summer makes amazing boards as well. the evo is a great park board that will handle anything, and is stiffer as well. built like a tank too.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 11:17 PM
ecave84

ROME SNOWBOARDS Snowboards, Men's : K-5 Board Shop

if your going to go rome i saw that there having a sale on rome boards. Ive never bought anything from them but so i cant tell you how great they are but they have the same flag i bought for 100 dollars less than i payed a week and a half ago. And there bindings are on sale as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode