need a park board but dont know where to start - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
duke_fann

Default need a park board but dont know where to start

First off, i gotta admit ive been been reading this forum forever, but never posted, so here goes

So ive finally gotten over the whole beginner aspect of boarding and i find myself circling the park more and more often and feel its time to get myself a board more suited towards it.

I've looked over transworld and future's top board picks for the year and have really been eyeing up the K2 Darkstar. does anyone have any backround or know something about this paricular board?

But i am by no regards stuck on it, i have been looking at a few rome and GNU boards but arnt exactly sure which ones would be completely suited for me, so if someone could point me the right direction with those that'd be amazing.

Im about 6'1 and 230 ish and wear a 11 boots
Ill be using burton custom bindings alot with the new board

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_fann View Post
First off, i gotta admit ive been been reading this forum forever, but never posted, so here goes

So ive finally gotten over the whole beginner aspect of boarding and i find myself circling the park more and more often and feel its time to get myself a board more suited towards it.

I've looked over transworld and future's top board picks for the year and have really been eyeing up the K2 Darkstar. does anyone have any backround or know something about this paricular board?

But i am by no regards stuck on it, i have been looking at a few rome and GNU boards but arnt exactly sure which ones would be completely suited for me, so if someone could point me the right direction with those that'd be amazing.

Im about 6'1 and 230 ish and wear a 11 boots
Ill be using burton custom bindings alot with the new board

thanks!

the rome anthem. its stiffer and since your a bigger dude will respond better.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
duke_fann

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrwilco View Post
the rome anthem. its stiffer and since your a bigger dude will respond better.
ive never seen that board before, im really considering it now

any other insights?
Old 01-31-2008, 10:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if money isnt an option, the rome mod. its new this season, and is a stiffer park board. my friend has one and its pretty sick.

also check out a never summer evo. never summer makes amazing boards as well. the evo is a great park board that will handle anything, and is stiffer as well. built like a tank too.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
ecave84

ROME SNOWBOARDS Snowboards, Men's : K-5 Board Shop

if your going to go rome i saw that there having a sale on rome boards. Ive never bought anything from them but so i cant tell you how great they are but they have the same flag i bought for 100 dollars less than i payed a week and a half ago. And there bindings are on sale as well.